Your opinions on the possible Socionics implications of this.

Some people prefer to address - even challenge - my views, and actions as moderator - over PM, not in public. When I invite them to publish their views in the forum for a broader discussion, they go silent.

(Disclaimer: I am not referring to anyone who has PMed me in the last month or so.)

Example 1: One specific person - and a couple of other people - kept contesting my actions as moderator, back when I had to be more active. S/he kept saying, "you have warned this person for that, why don't you warn that person for this" etc etc. My reply was always the same: "I will not justify my actions individually to you. You have a problem with my actions as moderator, start a thread on 'Why Expat sucks as moderator' and let's discuss it openly'. S/he never did that.

Example 2: Another person PMed me after I started my "Joy dichotomy" thread, saying "I know what you're doing, you want to put down Alphas and Betas". I said - again - "post that in the thread itself, then, and let's discuss it publicly". S/he replied, apparently confused: "you mean I should say it publicly?" "Of course." And that person, too, never did that.

In neither case did they explain why they preferred not to take the issue to the forum - they just dropped it.

So - -

What do you see as at play here? Why do some people prefer to "challenge" me - and other people, I guess - over PM, but when invited to take the discussion to the open forum, they back off? What are they trying to accomplish, that has to be accomplished over PM and not publicly?