Quote Originally Posted by RICK's SITE
Type Messages

I introduced the topic of "type messages" in April and worked on the concept a bit more in this article, hoping to flesh out the messages into type descriptions. Months passed, and I have returned to them again as part of my new type test.

The idea of a "type message" is to formulate in a few short words the principal contribution of each type to the world around him/her. Here are my current formulations:

ILE - Searching for the unknown and spreading knowledge.
SEI - Deriving enjoyment from all your actions and interactions.
ESE - Turning life into an enjoyable, beautiful experience.
LII - Structuring reality and creating correct systems of thought.
EIE - Riveting attention and energy to meaningful causes.
LSI - Establishing and overseeing correct structures and systems.
SLE - Challenging the current order and expanding influence.
IEI - Recognizing meaning in the events of life around you.
SEE - Making an impression on people and holding their attention.
ILI - Recognizing what is happening and deriving benefit from it.
LIE - Achieving beneficial efficiency in all areas of life.
ESI - Recognizing and balancing people's needs and expectations.
LSE - Managing worthwhile, productive, and wholesome activities.
EII - Being exemplary and instilling ideal values.
IEE - Expanding your horizons and helping people develop.
SLI - Balanced, harmonious living and temperance.

Of course, none of these are perfect - as no short, crisp descriptions can be - but they capture something essential about each type.

1 For the LII, that is very fitting for me. Does it work for you?

2 Before I saw this, I was thinking about things that would actually cause and motivate growth and more balance for a type. That is to say, what would cause personal growth, or what would be an easy direction to follow?
  • 2a Example --- for myself, the LII 'message' is essentially related to my motivation for growth (I am also reminded of the brief spiritual-function descriptions on Rick's site). Because I desire to structure reality and create correct systems, that allows for me to become more than an introverted thinker: I realize I need more than that
    Also, this may be related to Enneagram growth: 5 to 8, or 1 to 7.

2b Furthermore, I would say that your ability to grow is related to what side of your polr you are on - whether you avoid it (and remain stationary) or seek to consciously deal with it and expand your comfort zone.

(There is a lot of space between the dots, and I don't have time to draw them closer together right now. Comment on what you can)
UDP out