Thread: My father

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    I think I can relate to that. I have been attributing my weirdess to having grown up with an overbearing parent and it has not been easy changing the narrative (my main tool has been byron Katie's method), but it can help with understanding our parents ("truth will set you free" etc.) and maybe approach them in a more 'mature' way. We can try to understand using 'external' methods like typology but I don't find his all that satisfying.
    Well, I do not worry that much about the whole abuse thing. Rather I do not enjoy the fact that I experience those attacks. I cannot do anything in my life. No acting, no singing, no business, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PURDY View Post
    Well, I do not worry that much about the whole abuse thing. Rather I do not enjoy the fact that I experience those attacks. I cannot do anything in my life. No acting, no singing, no business, nothing.
    I guess you can but are a bit of a perfectionist?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    I guess you can but are a bit of a perfectionist?
    Yes, I am a perfectionist, but that is not a problem. The problem is that I cannot perform when I've having an attack. I just cannot say the words, act in certain ways and shit like that. Also, I just cannot make it to the set because if I'm having an attack I feel terrible and not really able to make it. Sure I can force myself, but it's way to painful mentally.