Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Kill Your Self

I think we all need to kill our selves. I remember growing up my mom would always try not to give me coconut chocolate because she disliked coconut chocolate. I love coconut chocolate, I was extremely unambiguous about my love for coconut chocolate, and I requested more coconut chocolate, yet she would still try to avoid giving it to me because she did not like coconut chocolate. At first I was thinking, what, are you just autistic and you cannot even understand that I might love coconut chocolate even if you hate it? Now I think, oh, this seems like kind of a form of narcissism, but not necessarily the NPD kind except maybe in really drastic cases like that. Everyone wants to think their preferences are the best preferences and they are the best kind of person, and whenever they hear that there is objective good and bad, this can easily turn into an excuse to think everyone else is an objectively worse kind of person. However, it is probably possible for people to be different, really and genuinely and deeply different, and not by necessity be better or worse in a hierarchy so that their differences make them better or worse. This is one of many reasons why I think the self is an obstacle and we need to kill our selves.

Last edited by Metamorph; 11-15-2023 at 11:50 PM.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I get out of this: Michelangelo was inspired by someone drowning themselves in a vat of coconut chocolate
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Are you trauma dumping? I did that a little with Gulenko bot and he sounded like an actual person.
    No. I'm psychoanalyzing collective humanity.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this an obstacle worth killing ourselves over

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Why is this an obstacle worth killing ourselves over
    The self is an obstacle. There is a huge difference between kill your self and kill yourself. Kill your self is like the metaphysical idea of the self. That's bad. Killing yourself on the other hand is just dumb, but "kill your self" gets attention.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

( let's say that this representation is true.)

I will use socionics references for convenience reasons. I think that if you have high dimensional Fi without it being in your Ignoring function then your Fi is sophisticated enough to tolerate others opinions and/or preferences. Therefore not everyone wants to think that their preferences are the best, for instance I love overcooked chips but I know that it's just me and I'm aware that some might love them too but most don't. We can say the same think about several aspects of life involving preferences of the self ("I") (sexual, culinar, musical , philosophical , political etc...). I think it's a matter of tolerance of the other's preference (just like the self) in all his or her complexity as an individual, as a human being. Of course Tolerance does not mean acceptance and we all know that one person's freedom ends where another's begins. We must not forget that we all need a healthy narcissism because it is constituent of our sense of self.

The Idea of killing the metaphysical Self obviously includes its narcissistic part, that reminds me what Nietzsche thought about the self when it holds Christian values even after the "death" of God. I think that he talked about the limitation of sentiments like compassion and that ultimately great achievements need great minds and great minds need an inflated Ego (narcissism). From that perspective killing the self is anti Nietzschean imho because It prevents the advent of the Ubermensch. Even if it's impossible to metaphorically speaking lobotomize a significant and constituent part of our psyche like the "self" without the certainty of losing the sense of self awareness I wonder what would be the implications of such a radical idea ? Ultra Communism ? Borgist assimilissiationism ? Anyway, sorry for the rambling (I'm not sure that I have correctly understood what you mean) and note that I don't know what I'm talking about !

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Looks like a nice tit floating in the water. I sure hope it’s true.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kill the ego, not the self- and you will discover it's the questions that drive us, not the answers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking your preferences are the best - that's part of what true diversity is all about and 'healthy narcissism' is fine. It's when the person acts like an authoritative Karen and tries to make their preferences everybody else's, or something. When I get to know a person, I'd rather that I know 'them' specifically- not the Idea of Communal Humanism.

Having followed the 'self undoing' scene, my understanding is that they point to the paradox of there not being a self in the first place (I appreciate it when people point out that this is a suggestion). In that sense, selfhood and separation is the root 'misunderstanding' that leads to others such as believing your mum would not let you have coconut chocolate (for x reason etc.).
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 01-17-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can't go through, go around.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like a really Se base & Fi PoLR statement
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me why many straight people probably hate gay people so much. People have a tendency to interpret everything as sexual even when it's not supposed to be, so it seems kind of like Freud in reverse to me, so if someone gay does something, or even if people know someone else enjoys a type of sex they don't, their attitude is basically "YOU ARE RAPING ME WITH YOUR MIND." ...Guys, that's not how preferences work...

Edward Bernays: I'm going to show women smoking cigarettes to market cigarettes because that's phallic! No one will think that that's phallic because I am a genius and their ids are repressed!
    People: Yep, cigarettes are phallic. Hmm, women with cocks are hot. Let's go get some cigarettes for women!

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though the intent and context of this thread is pretty clear, honestly, it should probably be taken down because of the kind of people who frequent this site and their likelihood to interpret it more literally. Don't want a Werther effect due to misinterpretations. It was probably good Werther was written, but I wouldn't post it at these people so I probably shouldn't have made this joke either.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    This reminds me why many straight people probably hate gay people so much. People have a tendency to interpret everything as sexual even when it's not supposed to be, so it seems kind of like Freud in reverse to me, so if someone gay does something, or even if people know someone else enjoys a type of sex they don't, their attitude is basically "YOU ARE RAPING ME WITH YOUR MIND." ...Guys, that's not how preferences work...

Edward Bernays: I'm going to show women smoking cigarettes to market cigarettes because that's phallic! No one will think that that's phallic because I am a genius and their ids are repressed!
    People: Yep, cigarettes are phallic. Hmm, women with cocks are hot. Let's go get some cigarettes for women!
    A lot of heteros are just hateful hypocrites anyway, and as they say 'moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.'

But to be fair I can be too mean to poor little straight people myself as well. Me and my semi-real life bf enjoy trash talking heterosexuals but a lot of it is just balance for the way we were treated. If somebody wants to treat me like I'm evil just because I'm gay, I don't like getting on the defensive about it like a wuss. I just will do the same thing back to them. I don't think equality is always the pretty version of the Delta IEE holding up a sign that says 'love is love.' In order to stop being bullied, sometimes you have to kick a little and be tough- but I don't want any innocent heterosexuals to get hurt in the cross-fire of my flames either!

Ugh I wanna fight Candace Cameron Bure so bad! HAHAHHAA.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No heterosexual was harmed in the production of 16types Adventures.

Hopefully.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Well technically, if we kill ourselves, we'll all have the same preferences and the same heirarchy. I think this is kind of self defeating.

Edit (1/21/23, 17:42 pm): So I reread this and realized that it said that we wouldn't be different in a heiarchy. That's true, but it sort of defeats the main purpose of killing the self, which is to be able to have genuinely different people. After all, how can you enjoy coconut chocolate if you're dead?

The self contains all of the differences. If you kill the self, you kill the differences. The right approach here would be for others to understand that their preferences shouldn't override others', and that preferences don't actually exist in any kind of objective heirarchy.
    Well, I think if you get lost in your preferences, you're not really thinking about yourself. Only people who are thinking about themselves will probably think "my preference is better and yours is worse." No one resists the urge to give dog food to dogs even if they wouldn't want dog food, after all, because they're not comparing dogs unfavorably to themselves.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you did there. Reminded me of some Sam Harris ramblings, not sure why. Seems like everyone is going coocoo lately, including myself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An Oldie but Goodie!

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I see what you did there. Reminded me of some Sam Harris ramblings, not sure why. Seems like everyone is going coocoo lately, including myself.
    I saw excerpts from the Shams al-ma'arif and it caused the Sun to malfunction, which sent static into everyone's brains.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so right. Life would be much easier if we killed our selves. I would certainly feel more free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No just NO

I have a family and a child and the word is SACRIFICE.
    I have to make the best choices for them and myself so I can be there for them
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn I thought it meant literally to ....

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pixie dreams View Post
    damn I thought it meant literally to ....
    Yes, this thread should probably be locked so it doesn't get bumped. Even though it was a joke, the clientele here seems too likely to take it seriously and that's not good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomorph View Post
    Yes, this thread should probably be locked so it doesn't get bumped. Even though it was a joke, the clientele here seems too likely to take it seriously and that's not good.
    I was making a suicide joke but alright. I actually find it funny to joke about things like that even if serious. I don't give a shit.