That last thread got toxic and closed before I got to put in my own two cents so here it is. From a hardcore theistic, humble, and most certainly not Narcissistic ILI.

I get how we give off the impression and I will admit that the more broken we are the more likely we are to retreat into that kind of mindset, but we won't really mean it. It's a "cope" as it were. A cope based off of bigger problems we are all universally victim to at this point but that just gets me talking about that issue I keep bringing up because it really is that pervasive and relevant.

ILI's with big attachment issues tend to retreat into narcissism/solipsism. I mean look at it from our point of view. We are basically Nostradamus tier (if he actually called shit correctly by intention) prophets most of the time. If you want to know what's probably gonna happen next in any context a friendly ILI that likes you and wants to see you succeed is your best bet. We can tell how, when and probably also why... but only if we see you as worth our time and your advancement as a benefit to us somehow.

We ain't the classical "villain" type for nothing after all. Villains tend to think as we do. But that's only if they don't know themselves very well. Hell, I'll give you all an example with myself.

I used to be totally onboard with the actual misogynistic crowd. To call a woman a bitch was to do a disservice to female dogs because at least they were loyal and those hoes were anything but. Then I learned about Attachment issues and I got the true reason as to why sluts/whores did what they did/do. It really does reduce even the likes of me to tears. It's so horrible I have to fight against the urge to cry when I see yet another victim of this modern world as I pass through the grocery store...

I will say one other thing I think people don't seem to get here. People seem to think ILI's are essentially robots incapable of deep emotion. That's just the façade we show the world. When we attend the funeral of our Mother/Brother/Dearest Friend we don't/won't cry. We already have in that case, the instant we saw that they were likely to pass we cried then. Our tears had already been shed well before the viewing. Some understand this, others not. The former don't give us shit, the latter tend to get held back by the former. At least some people understand...