Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marx would say that this relationship, by turning intimacy into a commodity that can be exchanged for material rewards is a form of reification, i.e. both the sugar daddy and the sugar baby become mere 'objects', which produce 'intimacy services' or 'material support'; these services become the focus point of the relationship, it's a business transaction. This of course can only lead to alienation, as both people are not seen or see themselves for who they are, but only what they can give. Alienation is the opposite of love.

In Marxist theory, objectification refers to the reversal of the relationship of people producing for one another in a division of labor into an objectified (reified) relationship of commodities to one another. Under capitalist production relations, the products of labor take on the form of commodities, money, and capital, and as such become independent of their actual producers. This process is also called alienation of the producer from the product and of the producers from each other.
    EDIT: the temptation to bring up Marx was too strong, couldn't help myself lol but I think in substance he is saying about the same thing as the people in this thread.
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 09-17-2021 at 09:38 AM.