Thread: Does intelligence and type have any link?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    EQ's pretty much the same. It's more about where efforts are put imo.
    Tho, I think people who value their intelligence and/or are percieved as intelligent are more likely to end up with a T typing regardless of actual type. Similar for focus on EQ and F.
    It's like physical training, some people are built for strenght, others endurance but it doesn't mean they can't train for the opposite.
    I have not observed a higher EQ in F-types nor a higher IQ in T-types or differences in effort. F-types use value based rationalization, which distinct from emotion. Now I would agree that women, on average, tend to have higher EQ but IQ is evenly distributed.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I have not observed a higher EQ in F-types nor a higher IQ in T-types or differences in effort. F-types use value based rationalization, which distinct from emotion. Now I would agree that women, on average, tend to have higher EQ but IQ is evenly distributed.

a.k.a. I/O
    I meant the people who focus on IQ seems more likely to believe themselves or be believed as T types, stereotypes do that. Similar for EQ and F. We are saying the same thing from different points of view.
    Women are raised into EQ, because that's how people think women are.

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with your findings though, based on the research I posted above there might actually be some sort of correlation even though reality is more complicated.
    @Rebelondeck