TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    That’s right

Your brother must be living the Oedipal dream. He's displaced his father and is living with his mother. Here's Rick Sanchez on that topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gHgcmFB6Q

In some ways, I feel as if my son, who is living with my ex, has done the same thing to me. Lol. But then I think, "I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!."

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your brother must be living the Oedipal dream. He's displaced his father and is living with his mother. Here's Rick Sanchez on that topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gHgcmFB6Q

In some ways, I feel as if my son, who is living with my ex, has done the same thing to me. Lol. But then I think, "I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!."
    Lol at the Rick & Morty clip. My brother told me he was thinking about what made him happy in life. His answer was “sitting on the couch watching The Crown and making macrame with my mom” lol. Si seeking I guess. My mom doesn’t love macrame, but she’s willing to humor him.

I’m currently living with my 15 yo brother who spawned from my mom’s brief marriage to an LSI. It’s looking like he might trade places with my ILE brother in September.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Aw. My husbands LSI son had been living for some time with his LSI mother. It was good for both of them, but this year SEE big sis shamed him into getting his own place, which is not good, because he didn't plan ahead on just how to all that rent and all those bills AND drive the beater truck he found and just had to have, that always needs to be in the shop for very expensive repairs. He recently called to see if we need work done here, but it's not a good time for us after me having so little work in the recent months (that is picking up now). So very recently SEE found herself in the position of giving her mother serious financial help when her Mom's car suddenly died (well, it was old), which is really stretching SEE sis to the max. But she likely would not be in the position to take that on if her brother still lived with Mom.

I have never lived with an identical but it must be easy. They probably don't challenge you, as your flaws are also theirs, so they just get it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"