Threaded View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    A lack of belief in something is not an idea, but a lack of belief.

Belief or disbelief in gods has no bearing on committing genocide.
    ¬‿¬ excuses, just accept the fact that man is a beast, a potential abomination which will use any excuse even his disbelief in gods as a shield for the horrors he wishes to enact upon other living things in the name of his ideals or lust for power.

One cannot be a Marxist Communist for example and a theist, the communist manifesto prohibits it and even modern day Marxists refuse to accept anyone into their ranks (but are allowed to cooperate with) who is anything other than a materialist atheist due to religion supporting the ruling class, which is why they seek to dismantle any religion by force of violence.

The result in Russia alone was that 21 million people died in repression, persecution and “terror famines” after 1917, including 106,000 Orthodox clergy shot during the 1937-8 Great Purge. A total of 422 Catholic priests were executed, murdered or tortured to death during the period, along with 962 monks, nuns and laypeople, while all but two of the Catholic Church's 1240 places of worship were forcibly turned into shops, warehouses, farm buildings and public toilets.

I remember the day my father walked me into Church for the first time as a kid, because the Romanian government forbid religious practice, so I was baptized only at an older age due to state sanctioned persecution of the religious at the time.

As a backlash to these events people in Russia and former soviet satellite states are highly religious. Personally I find it difficult to care about religion and am technically an atheist myself mainly out of disinterest and lack of faith.. ^^ but I'm not dumb enough to rationalize away the historical violence committed by materialist atheists.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-16-2021 at 04:19 AM.