the reading the mind in the eyes test is a bad test because to do well on it, you have to have good to exact long term visual detail and spatial memory, attention to position; it measures those abilities just about as much as it measures ability to perceive emotions. it ignores auditory(-tonal) and intellectual, experience (e.g., somebody being like "I've been through it, I know how it feels, i can understand how this person feels"), and knowledge (societal trends, norms, traditions, but more importantly observation of what the individual's personality, character, their sensations, likes and dislikes etc), based cognitive empathy. also, auditory tonal empathy causes affective empathy (which i don't value much because it can often be reasoned to accomodate someone else's needs or wishes and affective empathy can also cause problems such as lack of independence, loss of productivity of new goods, etc.) more than visual interpretation. that would make since anyway sense the temporal lobes are where sound/auditory tones are perceived/processed/whatever and they're closer to the frontal lobe which is where affective empathy takes place (part of the frontal lobe is basically what controls the heart) than the right posterior cortex which is more visual and also which is required for good deductive reasoning ability. it's not so much left brain or right brain.