Thread: Gut check for anxiety and depression

Threaded View

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gut check for anxiety and depression

I’ve always noticed that when I’m on the pot for a while, and I feel that my entire system has been cleansed away, that my anxiety and depression are almost always immediately relieved as well.

Why does this happen?

Inflammation in the gut.

When you have inflammation in the gut, you release an elevated amount of cytokines. Cytokines are a marker of inflammation in your body. Having higher than normal cytokines in your body over a period of time will lead to brain dysfunction and anxiety. And when you’re more anxious, this will lead to increased stomach acid (via nerve connections) leading to indigestion/pain/bloating/”fullness”

Now depending on what’s causing this inflammation in your gut, treat it appropriately:

1. If you have conditions such as IBS, consult your physician and take the appropriate medications.

2. If you suspect you have altered gut function due to poor eating/nutritional habits, try a probiotic and look into eating more gut-friendly diets (ex: perhaps a more alkaline diet. Fruits and vegetables reduce inflammation.)

3. Poop the anxiety away. Get some Magnesium. Get rid of all that acid by kicking starting your body with Magnesium. Magnesium not only relieves anxiety itself, but it acts as a natural laxative, thereby clearing all that excess acid in your body.

4. Advil/Ibuprofen may give you relief from anxiety/depression since they reduce inflammation. however, I'd use this sparingly.

In summary,

The state of our mood and our guts are interlinked together.

Pay attention to them, and take care of them accordingly.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-13-2021 at 04:19 PM.