Threaded View

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clarifying Ni PoLR

This is one of the PoLRs I have the most difficult time understanding. It is also the result of finding, itself, well, hard to understand.

Points of confusion:

1. Commonly PoLR is cited as, lack of maneuverability/grace in handling time. This is contrary to personal experience, especially in the case of LSEs. In my experience they are usually extremely punctual, more so than doms themselves usually due to rationality and a characteristic great work ethic. They (talking about LSEs mostly bc of more exp) seem to have no issue planning short term. Long term planning in terms of handling finance, retirement, career advancement are also usually better off managed than your average Joe.

2. Anxiety over time management is not something I have seen in xSEs. Again they tend towards responsibility and the "fretting over the clock" is just a behavior I find absent. xSEs don't tend to very anxious people in general.

Here are some thoughts on the true nature of Ni PoLR, for which the above may or may not be symptoms of:

1. Difficulty forming frames of context outside of conventional ones. ESEs are a colorful whirlwind but are rigidly stuck "playing" themselves, as characters. By this I mean, in comparison, IEIs can be social chameleons due to the Ni allowing them to tap into an intuitive relationship with archetypes, resulting in the ability to play different roles and characters. ESEs are not capable of this. They are unable to wield mystique. As stated above, LSEs are competent with managing and arranging material aspects of reality for their benefit, but only within a certain frame or context that society has allowed them from the lenses of preexisting knowledge. Like, staying on top of things at school and work, including time-wise. There are tons of preexisting resources for doing so. ILIs are capable of independently seeing beyond, and intellectually able to "mine" out new exploitable trends when in reality they are simply seeing what is already there, uncovering the veil. They are not constrained by previous knowledge. If an LSE is told directly these trends, they can incorporate it as a "fact" for their own benefit, but mining trends directly by themselves? They are incapable of it.

2. This can lead to obtuseness/stubbornness. They tend to feel confused when people reject their Fe/Te assistance as unhelpful. Because when people reject their help, they are rejecting the Si lifestyle they are providing.

ESE/LSE number one strength comes in the ability to create a safe, nurturing territory for loved ones should they choose to do so. Competent protection from nasty comes at the cost of being "stuck" in their perspective time-wise. Examples of what I mean by safe Si territory: An LSE using their Te to maximize work profits in order to provide a comfortable lifestyle for their family, an ESE providing a steady stream of Fe to create a safe and warm emotional atmosphere for their loved ones.

It's my opinion that this PoLR is probably the least noticeable out right in terms of behavior. Compare it to Fe or Se PoLR for example. This is due to the extremely subtle nature of Ni, and how most people probably can't perceive when someone is stuck in time perspective unless it results in funny/weird behavior. Humans are extremely competent at noticing strangeness, but the opposite is also true. What we associate with PoLR is typically weakness, and what we associate with weakness is strangeness/deficient oddity. In a memorable form preferably involving the five senses. In those terms Ni PoLR is very difficult to observe.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 02-06-2021 at 03:18 PM.