Thread: Cancel Culture: A letter from Prison

Threaded View

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cancel Culture: A letter from Prison

I am holding these old papers, crumpled and worn for having changed hiding-places so often, and I read them over again. They were written in secret, unknown to @
    mu4, and as such, they express a kind of survival of my independence; that is why they are dear to me, if only as mere objects-the plain reality of paper. They were written at times when I was struggling, through writing, to overcome the anguish of being in prison. They are simply fragments of that anguish. And yet I did not write them for myself alone..

My only friends are these rats that mock me and eat cheese. There are friends in other cells as well, such as @
    Joe Biden. We are mercilessly separated by the barbed wire which fences in humanity in this cancel-culture we have today.

It is as if they were standing on dry land, while we are being drawn far away at sea by a strong dark current. It is only natural, then, that these signals of distress should be addressed to them. This is precisely what I am doing, sending smoke signals to my friends, both to those I have known and to those I have not chanced to meet. Signals that do not say very much and that certainly do not ask for anything. But they do give me something very precious: the feeling that I still exist, and that they exist too.

Would they
    See a poor girl?
    No siree.
    They'd find out
    There's so much
    More to me
    Last edited by Kamala Harris; 01-14-2021 at 05:24 PM.