View Poll Results: What are you doing to reduce your part in the climate crisis?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support Carbon Tax. Users offset "costs they impose on society." TheBalance.com

1 25.00%
  • Popularize other systemic policies that respect human rights & change climate-altering mechanisms

2 50.00%
  • I altered my ground transport. It " (=) 34% of a household's carbon footprint."bbc.com

2 50.00%
  • I fly less than I would otherwise. "London to New York (~=)986kg of CO2 per passenger."Guardian

1 25.00%
  • I work to decrease poverty. Less desperate =more able to combat climate change.

1 25.00%
  • Child-free/adopting .1 "of the most effective ways of cutting our carbon footprint."Theindependent

1 25.00%
  • Changed food. In U.S. '(54%) would use less red meat.; (26%) would use lab-grown meat ' yale.edu

3 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What personal changes are you making to slow your contribution to climate change?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What personal changes are you making to slow your contribution to climate change?

Whatcha doin'?

Share your future changes in replies if you want to, but please only answer the poll based on changes you HAVE or ARE now making.

"Research shows that carbon taxes effectively reduce greenhouse gas emissions. There is overwhelming agreement among economists that carbon taxes are the most efficient and effective way to curb climate change, with the least adverse effects on the economy." Wikipedia.org

Why a carbon tax?

"Energy prices do not currently reflect these costs of greenhouse gas emissions. Those who benefit from burning fossil fuels generally do not pay for the environmental damage the emissions cause. Instead, this cost is borne by people around the world, including future generations. Imposing a carbon tax can help to correct this externality by raising the price of energy consumption to reflect its social cost."
    (...What can the tax money go toward? One option"Rebating the revenues to households on a per capita basis would render the policy progressive, as lower-income households would be more than compensated for higher energy costs, while upper-income households would pay a net tax. "https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-carbon-tax#:~:text=Energy%20and%20Environmental%20Taxes,-<3%2F3&text=Emissions%20of%20carbon%20dioxide%20an d,to%20produce%20less%20of%20them.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-25-2020 at 09:56 AM.