Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
I have a strong interest in manufacturing, and I receive emails from various parts of the US manufacturing sector.

What I have seen in my life is that the owners of most small manufacturing firms hold views not too dissimilar to plantation owners before the civil war. To say they are conservative would be an understatement, which makes all the more remarkable this notice I got from Machine Design about comments from the National Association of Manufacturers, which calls the Capitol attack "sedition" and says that Trump should be immediately removed from office.
God, this is so true. My old boss' job contracts meant that he basically owned your ass; if you created something on the job, the contract stipulated that he owned most of it. He under-payed his employees and gave the least legally-allowable amount of time for breaks and recreation. He also constantly complained about how going to dinner with clients was hard work. I'll acknowledge that routine meetings can be tiresome and unfulfilling, but so is the janitorial work that he payed other people to do. God-damn was this person entitled.

He was also a massive sexist. When someone suggested hiring a qualified female engineer who had dropped off her resume, his literal response was that he would only hire a woman for her "ass and tits".

There were also rumours that he set up a shell company to hide his assets from the government. He hated the government and would remind people everyday of this fact.