Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
I'm currently barely washing it, maybe once a week. But before covid it would be at least every other day. Its condition is the same regardless, which is why I wondered if it's nutrition related. But now that you mention it my hair is less oily than it used to be. Years ago when I hurt my knee and couldn't get in my shower I went a long time without washing it and the oil it collected was really something to behold. Within days it was a horrifying oil cake. It's obviously less oily now, way less. It hadn't occurred to me it might actually be dry, probably because oil still seems to contribute to its ugliness. But maybe now I'm just a mere mortal, oil is no longer my hair superpower. Be careful what you wish for I guess, I always wished my hair was less oily lol.

I also wondered if it's age related. I'm in my late 30s and the pigment seems to be fading.

Oh no I'm becoming dry and brittle. The implications may extend beyond my hair. Will I be motivated to take vitamins, or will I continue being lazy... All along the hair was the canary in the coal mine.

I also just realized it could mean menopause is coming. The hair might signal one's fertility... I just imagined myself rushing into the doctor's office like a crazed lunatic saying, "I need more female hormones, I don't want to become more masculine!"
IME eating better has helped my hair lol, among other things.