So my ILE friend is reading a book at the moment and the premise is that inborn talent is mostly a myth. I think there is some truth to this but it lead me to wonder how much is type related. I didn't want to argue with him because its quite a beneficial thought to think you can do anything if you work hard enough.

After thinking about some skills i could try to improve I thought about drawing. I am absolutely woeful at drawing. I used to actually refuse to play pictionary when my friends played. If you asked me right now to draw the outline of a basic horse it would probably end up looking more like a dog or some abomination in between. I know an SEI, who living up to his typecast could draw from a young age. I don't think hes drawn in years but i have no doubt he could have been very good if he wanted. I've also met some ISTp's/ESTj's that don't seem too bad at drawing either. I wondered if Si was related to this type of artistic ability, and to what extent this could be learnt? Does Si lead people to pay more attention to details, shapes? Or is it a matter of preference? Perhaps for some reason more SEI kids are taken by drawing and that explains the skill? I know IEI types are also regarded as highly artistic too, but in what way? Are some types better at drawing abstract art, ultra realistic art etc? Or is this all rubbish and its not type related at all?

I started watching this guy

(JAZZA) and I'm really in awe of people who can effortlessly draw. Bonus points if you know his type, i'm not quite sure but i like him.