Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Most people don't have the hypnotic stare when talking to their phone camera. That's where type comes in to show us the difference. It's interesting that earlier you had said that your phlegmatic appearance might have come from having grown up in a "Delta society?" It's really not how these things work.

I will still suggest looking into type 9. Having seen the videos and having read through the thread, I don't see much that contradicts this typing. Type 8 seems very unlikely, however, even if type 9 doesn't turn out to be your core fixation. But there's nothing wrong with deeper study.
Staring at the phone was a conscious choice as there wasn't anything else in the room to focus on and I didn't want to seem like I was talking to my walls. Culture definitely has a strong effect on behavior such as expressiveness and gesturing. It doesn't affect your inborn socionics type but there you have to look into information processing metabolism and not at surface-level behavior.

Enneagram is not really that interesting to me as compared to socionics but having read through all the type descriptions, 8 was definitely the one that stood out to me. I'm simply not a harmonious, accomodating, peaceful and lazy conflict-avoider.