View Poll Results: Initial Feedback On Type?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • EII Fi-Ne

2 66.67%
  • SEI Si-Fe

1 33.33%
  • Something else

0 0%

Thread: SEI or EII?

Threaded View

Default SEI or EII?

Fellow type confused person. I’ve had one video typing declare me SEI and another as EII. I can see a case for both - I’ve ruled out Ni-Fe (IEI) anyways. If you do relate, or have an idea on if I could be Si-Fe or Fi-Ne please feel free to comment. Thank you!

I am unsure how I objectively come across to others and often score between INFP or INFJ on tests, though I am both highly valuing of both inner harmony and values as well as external relationship harmony and good will. I would maybe assume I'm more of an ISFx type, aside from the fact that I am terrible in the external world when it comes to physically orientating it; for example, I misplace items, not so good as physical activities (clumsy), and more often than not am in mu own head space rather than efficiently navigating the present moment. To confuse matters even more, I've had people either passionately insist on me being Fi-Ne, or argue that I am an Si-Fe in denial. I'm all fairly confused and would love for some clarity.

I tend to get quite anxious when there's conflict between people around me or with myself, or emergency situations such as someone being physically and/or mentally wounded, even the thought of this threat occurring pains me greatly. I am a panicker by nature and a perfectionist, so if I am not living up to my own standards I feel very guilty, concerned and annoyed. Under stress caused by these triggers, I am very tearful and shaky inside. I either withdraw into myself and take myself away to a quiet place to calm down and leave the scene, often brooding and admonishing myself and how impossible life can be, or I become quite vocal and alarmed, pleading and yelling at people to "leave the danger!" or to "calm down and make peace!"

Usually I am quiet, placid, inspired, but when I feel pressured and forced to hurry a task at work by a customer (I work in customer service) I can be quite defensive, and wounded. Or when I'm critiqued by some of my old friends for being too withdrawn and seeming aloof, I also feel hurt and misunderstood.
    I feel that I should maybe be better at knowing myself? Who the real me is and what she wants in life, what is the most authentic expression of her. Also I think I should be better with trusting my instincts.
    People often call me soft, gentle, kind, calming nature with others. I have had feedback that has been a bit more negative also, like above when I said some friends from school days did call me aloof and withdrawn, I've also been called out by family and some colleagues about me taking some things a bit too personally, being highly strung, low in confidence.

What I admire most in other people is their confidence in navigating the external world and in their own beliefs, values, and who they are and what they do.

I can feel the nuances of my own and others feelings and often my inner mood determines my actions, for example, if I'm in a low mood like today, I'll be a bit more lazy, not want to leave the house, be quieter. So yeah, my daily actions depend on my inner mood. And if I get a bad feeling about a situation, person or place and feel discomfort, I'll follow that instinct and leave rather than ignore my feelings and try to rationalise. I'd say my feelings are constantly there. I tend to appear emotionally neutral I think; politely warm. I don’t tend to bubble in excitement ever, which makes some people assume I’m not as happy about future fun plans or good events in the present; I am happy, it’s just all inside of me!

In my own mind I am a little more sure of what I am feeling towards something since I have free reign over my mind whereas with another persons feelings it takes me perhaps a bit more time to discern with accuracy what is going on inside of them. I constantly do try and rationalise why I feel the way I do, sometimes to the point of obsessing and thinking the worst that there has to be something really wrong with me.

I think Im more vague than detailed going by the answers above since I don't always elaborate. For me it is harder though to verbalise intuitive connects I see in the world. I "know" but I can't seem to show or tell others in a sufficient way as to what pattern I've picked up.

I tend to think about different scenes in the future, of what could happen, or alternative present moments with fantasy elements (I like imagining stories in my head of adventures in other worlds with myself going along for the ride and mixing with the alternative) .

I love delving into imaginary worlds and finding adventure in my own life via fiction. I don't place enough faith in my hunches, although they are prone to changing with more information present. I always expect an "aha" moment of wisdom yet am disappointed when I don't receive one.
    Last edited by jumpintoillusions; 05-16-2020 at 06:17 PM.