Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    The dark side is you feel entitled to relationships with people.
    Amazing. Thank you for that.

I have been assuming that just because I get along with most people in ways predicted very accurately by Socionics, I’d get along with everyone that way. And they with me.

But it doesn’t happen that way in every case. Assumptions can be a bitch.

*EDIT*
    What I've found with Duals is that I'm immediately at ease with them, and I find them to be extremely interesting. I've noticed that the male Duals that I know, either from work or just from being friends, always (and I mean, always) seem to want to have more contact with me. My male ESI friends don't always seek me out, but when I call them, they tend to say "Why haven't I heard from you for so long? We should talk more." And in dealing with Duals professionally, male ESI's also seem to feel this magnetic draw towards me which causes them to search for reasons for working together more.

So when I meet a female dual, especially one whom I like, I naturally assume that she feels what I'm feeling. I want more of her, and when she doesn't seem to jump at the chance to get naked, I'm left asking myself, "Doesn't she feel what I'm feeling? Doesn't she recognize this for what it is?"

Well, no, she doesn't.

She certainly doesn't recognize her feelings as being the result of Duality. Before I was able to put a name to it, I didn't recognize it, either. I just thought, "Oh, here's this weird-looking girl who feels like a lot of nothing (because of no mutual conflict, dummy) and she sometimes says something that kind of makes sense (which is evidence of complementary help). But man, she doesn't feel even close to that sexy little red-headed girl (the Mirage LSI) or that super helpful and understandable thin girl (the Semi-Dual EII).
    And I'm sure that my female Duals are having exactly the same thoughts. Exactly like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpfP0w0_iA

Deciding to go all-in with a person is a big decision, and for most people, it is usually based on similarities in social status and appearance. Money and sex. Not on some obscure Russian theory. And Duals are usually miles apart in those things.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-30-2020 at 10:46 AM.