Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    If you were living under Nazi rule and harboring a Jewish family in your attic, and a Nazi came to ask you whether you were harboring any Jews, would you say "yes?" If you say "yes", you're (indirectly) causing brutal murder, but if you say "no", you're no longer a disciple of Kant. What do you do?
    I was talking to an ESI about my brushes with the law around the world. She said that, during a tour of Israel at a time when US-Israeli relations weren't the greatest, she was in an alley and an Israeli asked her what country she was from. She lied and said "Canada."

I would not have lied. I'd have relied on either my own resources or the State department to get me out of trouble. However, in response to the Nazi question, I'd have lied.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I was talking to an ESI about my brushes with the law around the world. She said that, during a tour of Israel at a time when US-Israeli relations weren't the greatest, she was in an alley and an Israeli asked her what country she was from. She lied and said "Canada."

I would not have lied. I'd have relied on either my own resources or the State department to get me out of trouble. However, in response to the Nazi question, I'd have lied.
    That’s what naive, dumb Alphas would do. Who the hell would put themselves at risk by wasting time expecting someone else to bust you out.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    That’s what naive, dumb Alphas would do. Who the hell would put themselves at risk by wasting time expecting someone else to bust you out.
    Is there any reason you think Alphas would be particularly likely not to lie in self-defense aside from being naive and dumb? Just curious.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Is there any reason you think Alphas would be particularly likely not to lie in self-defense aside from being naive and dumb? Just curious.
    It’s mainly due to rejection of Se, so not being aware of the power structure or what’s in play. Rejection of Fi not knowing who to trust and who not to trust. Much like Eddard from GOT (which reminds me I should continue with my assessment of the rest of the characters).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post

It depends on the regime. Some places only respect you if you have balls. Although stupidity can look a lot like fearlessness.

Lets say you have been picked up by the military for not having permission to be in that country and are being interrogated at 3 AM in a basement cell in the middle of the jungle. If you appear to be American, and fearless, your interrogators are going to wonder why you appear fearless. They may even return all your papers, apologize, and let you go on your way.

One thing that travel taught me is that in some countries, the Law is above Men, and in other countries, some Men are above the Law. And which countries are which are not always the ones you might expect.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post