1.62k square feet. It's laid out very poorly (because of the kitchen and because it's tri-level, it's too narrow). Barbara (my mother) wanted to spend extra money to move from a beautiful 3.52k square feet home (w/ VERY high ceilings) to a shitty trilevel condo, my father didn't but he just let my mother decide. I definitely didn't want to move, I could never consider anywhere but the city I spent the first 27 years of my life in "home". But Barbara cannot be stopped when she has her mind set on a goal.

1.62k square feet would be sufficient space if it were one or two story rather than trilevel and if the wetbar/kitchen sink weren't in the middle of the kitchen but rather had the counter and all of the appliances surrounding the area like in my beautiful old home. Lightning rods and all electric appliances (no gas) and all copper wiring are also very important, my older home would've been perfect if it had electric heat and water and no wallpaper, but my parents are terrible penny pinchers despite my father being paid about double what the average family practitioner was paid; their investments were terrible, income was very high, but investments were poor and Barbara fell for going into debt, all sorts of credit cards and the mortgage interest deduction, and paying so much interest and paying bills she could've cancelled with no consequences but felt morally obligated to pay. The condominium I live in now is really ugly inside and outside (there are some in the development area that look nicer [although they have natural gas too], but my parents always go by reviews whenever they're about to purchase something rather than them observing for themselves and they wind up spending more money and on lower quality products; but the reviews of the construction company that built the condominiums we live in failed to disclose that the construction company has been sued several times and that it's obvious from looking at the condominiums inside and outside that they're of worse quality and much uglier). The place was a colossal waste of money as we'd have more money if we had stayed in our old home (the job my dad would've had if we had stayed at our old home would've paid at least double what the job he has now pays and all of the fees associated with moving like the moving company and things being broken by them and their refusal to pay for them so my parents having to pay to replace them and the hotel room we had to stay in the first few nights in our new city, and interest barbara paid to make unnecessary and even some bad looking renovations to our beautiful old home). In most homes I've been in, the kitchens are cramped and terrible because they have a counter and/or the sink/other appliances in the middle, but my old home wasn't one of them.