Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
Privilege of one kind doesn't negate hardship. You can still have a hard life and be privileged because systemic sexism and racism haven't molded your life the same way it has those of other peope. And that's not saying you were the instigator of those systems. Yes, there seems to be a touch of bitterness or pain here or there in that post by Alonzo, but it's been my experience that a throwing out the message through dismissal when the person who said it was het up.
*shrug* its not like I'm completely unfamiliar with that sort of thing, so I can empathize.. tho I'm more likely to just dish out tough love. I'm part of a disliked/hated minority in a country that has been a historical rival, living on land that belonged to us before 1918. During communism forced integration was attempted, beatings, persecution, before that during ww2 we tried to kill this nation's soldiers in an attempt to reconquer lost territory (the whole reason for ww2 on our end at least). These days things are much better tho, things gradually got better as I was going through school. Some flareups of dumb-nationalism every now and then on both sides mostly as diversion to hide libshit political blunders that harm everyone in the long run.

Everyone has their own cross to bear. Life is what it is, suck it up and endure / work for a better existence / move to a place where its better. Can't expect the world to change.. plus most ppl from my pov. don't even know how bad things really are or why.

its going to be interesting when women discover that the corporate career life is unappealing meaningless bullshit most men prior just put up with to get laid / feed their families. I'm glad I don't have to engage in that meaningless husk of an existence tbh.