Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m Aristocratic type and no Democratics are not a hindrance they just approach problem solving differently than I do. It’s good to have a different perspective
    I see, I think I worded my post badly though - what I was meaning was does having the aristocratic preference prove more of a benefit or a hindrance to you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I see, I think I worded my post badly though - what I was meaning was does having the aristocratic preference prove more of a benefit or a hindrance to you?
    Hinderance in any specific area?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hinderance in any specific area?
    I mean I don't have a specific area in mind, but if you can think of any that you wanna share I'd be glad to read it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I mean I don't have a specific area in mind, but if you can think of any that you wanna share I'd be glad to read it.
    Yes! Here’s one... SEI Friend has a 20 year old son who just got a girlfriend pregnant. She wants him to move out and handle life himself and make whatever decisions he wants while I am the opposite. I would say “you’re my MY (owned you-I don’t know if this is more Fi than aristocratic) so I think you should think about how this will affect your life and if you want she can move in here and we’ll help raise baby.”
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Here’s one... SEI Friend has a 20 year old son who just got a girlfriend pregnant. She wants him to move out and handle life himself and make whatever decisions he wants while I am the opposite. I would say “you’re my MY (owned you-I don’t know if this is more Fi than aristocratic) so I think you should think about how this will affect your life and if you want she can move in here and we’ll help raise baby.”
    Ah, I see. That's quite interesting, but yeah if I ever had kids (don't plan on it, I hate kids) I'd definitely try teach them to be more independent and make their own decisions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Reinin's trait are heretic bs
    the same as to think your type as T

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Did you just come here to try type me again? Cause if so, that is unrelated to the thread and should be posted somewhere else. You are free to have your opinion of my type, just as I am free to disregard said opinion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Tell me something. What would you say or do and both if your 20 year old son got his gf pregnant?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know for other dichotomies, but I agree for this one. I think aristocratic/democratic traits can just be explained by funcion blockings (NF/ST vs NT/SF) and function sign, which make things clearer instead of more confused. I personally don't make classifications of people based on who they consort with and I don't know where that description comes from. I always thought that was a T-inferior thing to do. For me there are only the people I like and the others.

The only way I relate to this dichotomy is that when SFs approach me in a very "in-your-face" way, my reaction is: "WHO the fuck you think you are???!". But even that can be explained by the fact that I am an NF and that I prefer to take social initative myself, and when I do it, it's in a intuitive/non-obstrusive way. I don't need loud demonstrations of love and want that approach to be is "mutual": NFs do the ethical approach and STs the physical. The "all in one" SF version just feels entitled(of my time and attention) to me.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be explained by the fact that you are Fi+ dominant/Ni+ demonstrative which is oriented at always increasing the degree of proximity in relationships/make sure that emotional life improves in the future. You just wouldn't want to "loose your son" and would want "the best future for him". Which of course is with you
    That's actually why EII needs the Fi- suggestive/Ni- polr of LSE. LSE would just leave, and the EII would need to learn to "let go".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    That could be explained by the fact that you are Fi+ dominant/Ni+ demonstrative which is oriented at always increasing the degree of proximity in relationships/make sure that emotional life improves in the future. You just wouldn't want to "loose your son" and would want "the best future for him". Which of course is with you
    That's actually why EII needs the Fi- suggestive/Ni- polr of LSE. LSE would just leave, and the EII would need to learn to "let go".
    Fi Plus just means that I am willing to express my attitude and feelings about people like “I love you, you’re my son you move in with me!”

“Positive subject ethics (+). My attitude to people. Necessity to express my attitude, opinion, feelings of love. Pleasant/unpleasant. My evaluation of a thing, an object, a person.

Inverse subject ethics (-). I abhor, reject, detest.
    -