Thread: Which type has it easiest

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends. Lots of variables are at play but I'll speak to the most contentious one for me > the socio-cultural sphere.

In my experience, MBTI frequency stats line up pretty well with the corresponding frequency for Sociotypes. There tends to be a slight variation according to geographical location but, overall, strong Si valuing types comprise the vast majority of human beings and strong Ni valuing types are the rarest, which significantly impacts the "narrative" around these functions as archetypes.

And, albeit more competitively, strong Fe valuing types edge out strong Te valuing types and so high D Si + Fe would seem to take the day while Ni + Te would be the most "othered." Not for nothing, Alpha SFs and Gamma NTs are conflictors but the former have sheer numbers on their side. Within the cultural zeigeist, the arc villains of the world disproportionately tend to be Gamma NTs--ruthless pragmatism, strategic vision, the pursuit and accumulation of money/power/resources may be wearily respected to a certain degree (especially within a Western capitalist framework) but more than that, they are feared and distrusted.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Depends. Lots of variables are at play but I'll speak to the most contentious one for me > the socio-cultural sphere.

In my experience, MBTI frequency stats line up pretty well with the corresponding frequency for Sociotypes. There tends to be a slight variation according to geographical location but, overall, strong Si valuing types comprise the vast majority of human beings and strong Ni valuing types are the rarest, which significantly impacts the "narrative" around these functions as archetypes.

And, albeit more competitively, strong Fe valuing types edge out strong Te valuing types and so high D Si + Fe would seem to take the day while Ni + Te would be the most "othered." Not for nothing, Alpha SFs and Gamma NTs are conflictors but the former have sheer numbers on their side. Within the cultural zeigeist, the arc villains of the world disproportionately tend to be Gamma NTs--ruthless pragmatism, strategic vision, the pursuit and accumulation of money/power/resources may be wearily respected to a certain degree (especially within a Western capitalist framework) but more than that, they are feared and distrusted.
    I get some fear and distrust vibes in meetings which have all types in them.

If Gamma NT's are respected at all, it is because they are successful in the present Western world of Capitalism, in which everyone has been indoctrinated to like money.

Move the party to the the Theater or Story Telling or Cooking or Nurturing or Sports events or Pure Science, and it's a different story.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-29-2019 at 06:11 PM.