Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
I think maybe instead of being an internet Marxist and blaming everyone for being oppressed, you should study and be the Catholic scientist of your dreams. I've created things while you've only sat back and criticized other people. Criticizing people is the easy thing.
Any "Catholic" who agrees in any way with Marx is akin to them saying that maybe Lucifer had a point. Again, I implore you, read a work or two from the likes of the "doctors" of the faith. They saved me, they will save you as well if you do not truly hate the one true God. Ya just might though, given what I've been observing of your post history. Damn near about to hard ask you to pass a Witch Test dude because I'm becoming pretty damn sure you couldn't say the words even if you were waving dueling middle fingers in my face as you stressed every sarcastic bone in your body to make sure anyone with half a brain knew you were not in any way serious about a solitary syllable of the creed.

You can, I want you to, and yet you will not. Prove me wrong dude, make me question my own worldview here and now. I have the utmost confidence in my convictions, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
I always say that to people. People always say "In the past we were so dumb and there were so many problems, but now, with modern science, we know everything and there are no problems!" I tell them we've never had a good record being right about everything so I suspect we won't now either. We do have a quite good record in some ways though. Alchemists invented gunpowder and distillation among many other things, for example, and phrenology at least taught us thoughts weren't in our hearts or stomach. The people with more primitive theories were much more right than not within bounds of what they did. Optimism as a philosophy is kind of evil. Things don't get better and better just for existing and if you let them just exist they'd get worse and worse.
I agree to an extent. We cannot denigrate children for ignorance as they truly had no way of knowing a thing until it was presented to them at the proper/appropriate time. However, it is not as if there is no value in the viewpoint of a "child" as it were. I have pointed out in the past that, sometimes, you need a "dumber" or "simpler" perspective. That there is value in "idiots" and their perspectives as we may see them. I mean, I have a cousin with many a cognitive disability. The things he has helped me discover. I am truly blessed even though he is not. I pray I can repay him the many favors I owe him somehow.

I refuse to believe that thinking things will get better over time is wrong though. You seem to be a soul who has given into despair. There are 7 deadly sins but I hold there's one that was missed, Despair. A most insidious sin to be sure, for to lose all hope before a final divine judgement just seems to be a thing for heathens, fools, and SJW's (but I repeat myself). For if God is real than why would one ever truly Despair? You will get what you deserve, and you will accept that judgement as it will have the ultimate backing of truth incarnate in one form or another...