Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
I should give more background as to why I made the above post.

This thread was actually inspired by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YT-MtAvbR8

I'm sorry, read between the lines here. What is this video (and therefore the MBTI) actually saying? It is implying that people who give to charities have a nice heart, but they don't have strong enough logic to see that what they are doing isn't rational. I.e., they are really good people at heart, but they are logically inept. And what is it implying about thinking types? It is saying that they are logically smart, but in some way actually like 'Scrooge' about money, giving to others, etc. I find this message idiotic. Even the ideas that the 'ENTP' was using as criticism against giving to charities were dumb. This seems to be the whole message about thinking and feeling in the MBTI. And then I realized if this applies to the MBTI, it probably applies to socionics as well. And if it applies to both, it is relevant to the people of this forum. Then there are therefore dark undertones to certain types and how they should act. I am sorry, I am good enough critical thinker to not buy into at least this notion of both theories. I honestly hope you would agree...
That's not really the whole message about Thinking/Feeling, but it does conflate several factors together in these preferences and that can end up being a problem when trying to apply it to actual situations. This is true both for MBTI and Socionics.

If I were you, I would ask why you got hung up on this issue personally. Does it touch on something for you personally? Think about that IMO instead of analysing these theories. Perhaps think about it with the help of someone else, a friend, a therapist, etc.