Thread: Should Quadra Values Be Taken Seriously?

Threaded View

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should Quadra Values Be Taken Seriously?

Pretend, for a moment, that I am a newcomer, or an outsider. Set aside your own personal thoughts about how you relate to the Quadra Values Socionics literature speaks of. Now, let us discuss our observations of others in this regard.

It has been a full year since I joined this forum. I have seen those who list themselves as Alpha call for limitations on free speech (sufficed the speech in question is deemed offensive). I have seen Betas shit on tribalism, tradition, and strongly profess and encourage individualism. I have seen and personally know Gammas who do not think that an excess of personal freedom and the acquisition of material wealth and financial opportunity are values to live by, and so forth. Now, obviously some of these individuals may be mistyped, but is it truly that simple?

Given that each Quadra member relates to one another insofar as they share the same four valued functions, I appreciate the attempt to rationalize a coherent general worldview for a given Quadra. It's certainly an interesting concept, but do these conjectures truly assist in the confirmation of typing, or do they add bells and whistles where they are not needed, effectively muddying the waters?

Share your own observations of instances where supposed Quadra Values are contradicted, or simply argue for the substantive worth and application of Quadra Values. To what extent do they apply at the individual level? Does the individual always conform to their respective Quadra Values? Finally, if you feel it is necessary, in what ways do you personally relate and/or depart from your own respective Quadra Values?

Additionally, what other elements of Socionics theory would you argue for as unreliable and why?
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 07-14-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So