Thread: Te - What is it, how does it work? Need Help understanding static vs. dynamic.

Hybrid View

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To me, Te is very dynamic. It is “thinking as a process, not a place”.

Te-users move through the environment and take only what they need to achieve their goal, and then they drop it all in a heap and move on to accomplishing the next goal. It doesn’t matter to a Te user if every logical thought fits together or not. It only matters if it can be used effectively.

I should add the fact that I was amazed and happy when I first encountered the concept of a "proof", in 7th grade geometry class. I thought it was amazing. However, attempting to "prove" things rigorously is not my preferred approach.

Gordian knot = Ti.
    Alexander = Te.
    That's a nice description as it does not limit Te to "making money" stuff. What would you say about a Te ego moving in a feeling environment and needing empathy and social grace as skills to get by? Beside "run" I mean.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    That's a nice description as it does not limit Te to "making money" stuff. What would you say about a Te ego moving in a feeling environment and needing empathy and social grace as skills to get by? Beside "run" I mean.
    Lol. “Run”. At first, your suggestion of being in a feeling environment scared me silly. However....
    @wonderland, we all have some of each of the functions, so we’re not entirely helpless. But as thinking-doms, we just appear much less capable to feeling-doms, like a young kid would appear to an adult.

I once asked an artistically talented 19-year old ESI to look at my guest bedroom and make suggestions on how it could be redecorated to make guests feel more welcome. (I had seen her own bedroom when she was showing me examples of her artwork, and it was the kind of place that just exuded beauty and comfort.) I explained that I wasn’t really capable of designing comfortable spaces, because I don’t have any feelings.
    She (a feeling dom) replied that everyone has feelings, but not everyone shows them.
    To me, her words seemed to be written in the air in flaming letters. What? I have feelings? To this feeling moron, her statement seemed so wise.
    But notice: To her, this was just an offhand remark, expressed with utter confidence, as if she’d spent a lot of time already thinking about it.
    Feeling-wise, she was the adult with power and control and I was the child.

However, this was an in-Quadra interaction, where I got automatic support. I’ve been in Alpha-dominated feeling environments, and there, instead of getting automatic support, I was made to feel completely wrong in every way.

So you just have to be aware of what kind of ethical and feeling environment you are in.
    And if you need empathy and social grace to get by, you need a feeling-dom at your side as an advisor. Otherwise, you are going to be a monkey trying to work on a jet engine.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-13-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol. “Run”. At first, your suggestion of being in a feeling environment scared me silly. However....
    @wonderland, we all have some of each of the functions, so we’re not entirely helpless. But as thinking-doms, we just appear much less capable to feeling-doms, like a young kid would appear to an adult.

I once asked an artistically talented 19-year old ESI to look at my guest bedroom and make suggestions on how it could be redecorated to make guests feel more welcome. (I had seen her own bedroom when she was showing me examples of her artwork, and it was the kind of place that just exuded beauty and comfort.) I explained that I wasn’t really capable of designing comfortable spaces, because I don’t have any feelings.
    She (a feeling dom) replied that everyone has feelings, but not everyone shows them.
    To me, her words seemed to be written in the air in flaming letters. What? I have feelings? To this feeling moron, her statement seemed so wise.
    But notice: To her, this was just an offhand remark, expressed with utter confidence, as if she’d spent a lot of time already thinking about it.
    Feeling-wise, she was the adult with power and control and I was the child.

However, this was an in-Quadra interaction, where I got automatic support. I’ve been in Alpha-dominated feeling environments, and there, instead of getting automatic support, I was made to feel completely wrong in every way.

So you just have to be aware of what kind of ethical and feeling environment you are in.
    And if you need empathy and social grace to get by, you need a feeling-dom at your side as an advisor. Otherwise, you are going to be a monkey trying to work on a jet engine.
    I thought Role Fe comes out at this point.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I thought Role Fe comes out at this point.
    Well, yeah, it does. And I can do role Fe pretty well for a short time. (But long enough for an LSI to mistake me for her dual - - -) When I'm moving through a crowd of strangers, I'm looking friendly, open, focused, optimistic, like someone who hasn't a care in the world, who has it together and wants to meet you. That's not easy to maintain.

Privately, I'm more like the guy in Joni Mitchell's song "Raised on Robbery":

He was sitting in the lounge of the Empire Hotel
    He was drinking for diversion
    He was thinking for himself
    A little money riding on the Maple Leafs....

But if I were immersed in a feeling or an ethical environment for any length of time, it would be tough for me. The role Fe is mostly to disarm my audience until I can wrap them up in my nefarious plans, which are entirely Te/Ni and mostly bereft of emotion.