I was discussing the stacking portion of the recently-linked test with a friend and had some interesting realizations.

Stackings are not related to strengths. They are about focusing on weaknesses.
The enneagram itself is more about weaknesses and faults than is is about strengths.
"Naranjo however presupposes all Enneagram types are pathologies, so to relate to any type suggests mental health issues."

So an sx-first person would struggle with intimate relationships. This can include romantic relationships and/or close friendship. But it's an active struggle - something they focus on, not a passive "I'm just not good at that."
An sx-last might be a very sexual person or have very close bonds with others, but it comes so easily that maintaining these relationships is basically effortless.

An sp-first person could be neurotic about personal safety or well-being because it doesn't come naturally to them so they have to pay attention to get it right, whereas an sp-last may be naturally good at that sort of thing and can essentially ignore such things and still be fine.

An so-first person might care more about how they're perceived by society though an so-last person could have higher social standing.

So I am indeed sx/so. I focus on and struggle over close relationships. I rarely think about physical safety or well-being; that sort of awareness comes naturally to me, and I skip meals to talk to people because relationships are a higher priority and I can have a meal any ol' time.
A common misconception is that sx equates to sex. I'm saying that even if that is the case to a degree, not only is it possible for an asexual to be sx-first, it may be more likely than for one to be sx-last.

Another aspect I wondered about is whether stackings relate to how one would react to hardships. So an sp would close themselves off and focus on physical survival, an sx would push away acquaintances and cling to only the closest relationships, and an so would try to be around a lot of people to get through the situation.
Thoughts?