Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The woman in your example was not IEI, for example. You even did not cared to find the assured example, you doubted in her type. You further and the other ones may do here the similar only.

I even explicitly wrote that she may not be IEI.

Anyway, what about your wife, did you follow my advice or did you keep on spending time with useless posting?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@golden
    Deal with the mess in your head to reduce the nonsense you produce and such to get lesser of opposing, which annoys you.
    Above you protected the lie by another lie.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @golden
    Deal with the mess in your head to reduce the nonsense you produce and such to get lesser of opposing, which annoys you.
    Above you protected the lie by another lie.
    Lol. I will take the mess in my head over the mess your fingers make on your keyboard.

You really don’t know the fine distinctions among various terms in English, and why should you? I don’t expect you to.

It has nothing to do with lies. I am trying to understand why you think you can correct people’s English. Since you aren’t interested in any kind of discussion about that, I will draw my own conclusions.

Going by the dictionary alone, “sex” does refer to a biological distinction. And “gender” has to do with social role. Those are the strict technical meanings, as you know. But people don’t say, “What’s your sex?” for example to someone online. They probably would avoid both terms, “sex” and “gender,” by saying something like, “Are you male or female?” But if they are going to use one in the context of Avalonia’s statement, “gender” sounds more normal.

This is called “usage.” How people use the language as a living, evolving thing every day.
    Last edited by golden; 11-16-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Going by the dictionary alone, “sex” does refer to a biological distinction. And “gender” has to do with social role. Those are the strict technical meanings, as you know. But people don’t say, “What’s your sex?” for example to someone online. They probably would avoid both terms, “sex” and “gender,” by saying something like, “Are you male or female?” But if they are going to use one in the context of Avalonia’s statement, “gender” sounds more normal.
    "hey sup? asl?"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit