Thread: Types and Disorders

Threaded View

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I think so.

I dont think the associations are made because of leading functions. It seems to go beyond that. Not sure exactly from where they come from in each case.

I just can see where it comes from exactly in SLI (id block and PoLR), since its the only type I know in full detail for obvious reasons. However, in the rest of types, I've observed the propensity in such patterns in almost all types but nothing too drastic, just like hints. The origins of some are obvious to me, for example LIE from Se HA, ILI Fe PoLR, etc.

Anyway the descriptions provides more detailed info. I suggest going there before rushing in veredicts. I was hoping some enlightened and knowledgeable ppl (at least knowledgeable in their own types) could tell me from where or from which functions or blocks the disorders are formed.

Or at least share some of their own experiences.
    The serious style given for LSI, with basic pleasure/fear centered around duty and responsibility comes from Ti/Fe/Se in the LSI imo. I see a lot of overlap of the Serious type with Enneagram Type 1 though as well, both the serious Oldham type and Type 1 being ultra-conscientious . . . you could also say ultra-rational. Self-criticism is also high in both the serious type and E1, and it's that self-criticism that can lead to depression when unhealthy. Where the Oldham style and socionics overlap for LSI would be in Ti with Se, plus their relationship to Fe/Fi . . . rationality, weak ethical fxns, and self-accountability are the traits that are most emphasized. That "sense of duty" is how TiFe is expressed in many LSIs. (It's where the idea of them being very rule-focused comes from, but that's a bit of a misunderstanding imo)

Edit: And it's weird, just read the EIE description - that one has even more of what people see as the typical traits of the E1 and even describes them as ultra-conscientious, but it's missing the core component of self-criticism... so it looks like a caricature, really unbalanced, kind of frantic. And idk what that's all about. And the LIE aggressive type sounds like an evil E8 that's gone off the deep end. . .
    Last edited by squark; 05-18-2018 at 01:06 PM.