The following has happened almost verbatim at least once and the general pattern many times:

Me: I need to solve this problem and I'm researching solutions and there is so much data and my brain is melting and I just want to hide and snuggle my dog. *sad face*
LSE: What are you trying to figure out?
Me: *explains*
LSE: Do you mind if I look into this a little?
Me: Yes, please!

A few days later:

LSE: So I spent several hours the last couple of days researching this and there is a LOT of information. I didn't finish in one day because my brain needed time to process everything I was reading. There's actually a lot more to learn, but for now here are two or three options that I think would work for you and your situation.
Me: *looks at list* Why did you select this one? And this one? What about [sub-problem]?
LSE: *takes a little bit too long to explain each one*
Me: *mostly patiently listens, asks targeted questions because too many and we might miss a meal and I like not being hangry*
LSE: I think this particular combination of options will be easiest for you to implement and give you the most useful results.
Me: Can I keep you forever?
LSE: Yes, please!

A few days later:

LSE: How is it working for you? Are you finding the process cumbersome?
Me: Um, I've only been trying it for a little so I don't know yet. I think it's ok?
LSE: Ok, just let me know. We can adjust as needed. I'm happy to help.
Me: Thank you! This is so useful to me!
LSE: *glows*

---------------------------------------

Sociotype comparisons as it pertains to the above type of helpfulness:
- LIEs can be helpful in data processing, but they tend to do best in the moment and don't often do a lot of follow-up. It's like as long as it's in front of their face they're all over it, but if something else presses in then the former thing fades away. In the moment, their advice can be super spot on (for me).
- ESEs will try to be helpful with providing data+advice and they'll spend hours on it and go quite deep, but the organization of their thoughts can be a little bit chaotic and it requires some interpretation and rearranging and value-placing by the receiver of the help. They are usually willing to spend lots of time and do follow-up.
- LSEs combine the best parts (to me) of both of those. A drawback is that doing in-depth, quality data processing takes a lot of time and that can take away from other things + wear them out. Also, people can abuse that aspect of good-natured LSEs, which can hurt them and leave them a bit jaded. I've found hugs (if the relationship includes those), verbal appreciation, and using at least part of the LSE's suggestions will go a long way toward making their efforts worth it to them.