Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift's type (old discussions)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I'd read some of her blog though if I can find it.
    Taylor Swift on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Taylor Swift Blog and Journal

I'm pretty sure these are both the exact same blog, just with obviously different formats per the sites they're on. (My computer's pretty slow and did have some difficulty loading these because there's so much stuff on the pages for it to load.)

She definitely doesn't strike me as "man-eating" and "evil" or with an "edge" but as she seems - rather sweet. In the interview she seemed rather confident of and in herself, as herself, I saw something good and strong in her, and liked that about her. But, no idea why or how I got that impression. I very easily could be entirely wrong, and she's really just another pandering fake. I'd rather like to not believe that however, as there's too many of them already.
    Maybe that's a more realistic impression.

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9
    True, but really I was just responding to the first considered notion that I received; I had a vague guess of SEI, but that was largely because I didn't like her and didn't want her to be Ni/Se. I honestly saw IEI as a possibility as well, but I didn't like it, so I ignored it. But I didn't have an official position beforehand. So it was more of a shift (from neutral to belief) than a flip (from one belief to another).
    yeah I wasn't very sensitive to all of the considerations that probably went on "behind the scenes" (in such a situation I would probably feel people are somewhat unfairly assuming things or misinterpreting me if they just react to what I posted as though I wasn't really considering anything and don't give the benefit of the doubt, as I've usually been considering a lot of things but just leave most of it out of the actual post so I don't ramble endlessly. And I was kind of doing the same thing to others in this thread that I don't like myself).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    The most annoying thing about Taylor Swift (there are so many things to choose from) is the way she does these almost (I should leave out "almost") choreographed tosses with her head and other little moves that look SO fake and phony and learned and not at all natural. It's like TOO TOO TOO dramatic but with zero soul behind it. *puke*
    yeah I know what you mean. If she is INTp, that'd explain your reaction!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo, could T-Swizzle be IEI? I would greatly prefer if she weren't... but what she's good at is predicting others emotions and reflecting those emotions right back to her audience, which doesn't sound terribly not-IEI...

BUT I REALLY DON'T WANT HER TO BE MY TYPE!!!! At least Osama Bin Laden is interesting...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Swift is one of my favorite singers.

She has a rawness that is very hard to find. . . a very real sound to her music. I love the lyrics - personally, I identify with a lot of her music.

Yes -- I think she's annoying! She's def. stupid and I probably wouldn't like her in real life.

Her voice sucks and she has no musical capability in her poor fingers -- but she can hear it in her head and make very good songs for her cds.

Her music is amazing.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think ESTp.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't like her.
    This opinion has been brought to you by the letter M and the number 3.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taylor Swift is an IEI

Anyone who disagrees is clearly a retard and should hang himself. .

Can't help but to think of this song as IEI supplying Ni advice to an SLE:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LORD no.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, there is some consensus on Taylor Swift being IEI. I personally dont have a strong opinion on a type for her, but i dont see why IEI couldn't be the case.

Not a huge fan of her songs, but I saw her perform on the American Music Awards tonight, and even though her voice is weak and out of tune at times, she gives a great stage performance/production--very entertaining. This is why she is a star, in my opinion. It's not because of her voice, for sure.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She definitely has a victim complex.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    She definitely has a victim complex.
    How so? I am not too familiar with her personality, tbh, but am curious about how to recognize "victims."

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    How so? I am not too familiar with her personality, tbh, but am curious about how to recognize "victims."
    It was a joke referring to her songs. "Why doesn't the boy look at me? he only wants cheerleaders. wahhh you left me and broke my heart. everthing is your fault why do I deserve this QQ."

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd sooner examine the content of her interviews than her songs if I was trying to type her.
    Easy Day

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got her at LSI, leaning to Ti-LSI.

And @ her crying all the way to the bank while singing songs she got source material from by sabotaging her relationships...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and even though her voice is weak and out of tune at times, she gives a great stage performance ...
    Something is wrong here.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She wrote that song for The Hunger Games. She's also not giving any sort of advice in the song.

One thing that's really prominent in all of her songs is her ability to paint a vivid picture for the listener. She's always saying exactly what is happening, and that is what Se types do. She uses sharp, descriptive words to really bring you in the moment whereas an Ni type would be more abstract. Se language is literal, physical actions (punch, slam, crumble, shove, things like that) as well as things like murder, revenge, or more positive things like conquering/winning (have you ever noticed how often she mentions winning/losing?). Sentence off the top of my head: "The man was standing beneath a streetlight with his fist clenched and raised in the air." Ni focuses more on past/future, consequences, time, flow, destiny, inevitability, stuff like that.
    She does it in every song I have heard her sing, but some examples:

Do you remember, we were sitting there, by the water?
    You put your arm around me for the first time
    You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter
    You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Our song is the slamming screen door,
    Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window
    When we're on the phone and you talk real slow
    'cause it's late and your mama don't know
    Our song is the way you laugh
    The first date: "Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"
    And when I got home 'fore I said amen
    Asking God if he could play it again

You, with your words like knives
    And swords and weapons that you use against me
    You have knocked me off my feet again
    Got me feeling like I'm nothing
    You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard
    Calling me out when I'm wounded
    You picking on the weaker man
    You can take me down with just one single blow
    But you don't know what you don't know

And it isn't Si language, which is still very descriptive but in a different way. With Si types, it's like they are describing their physical sensations, using words like sticky, dirty, smooth, etc.
    This is Si language:

Oh, but how can words express the feel of sunlight
    In the morning in the hills away from city strife

Starry, starry night.
    Paint your palette blue and grey,
    Look out on a summer's day,
    With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
    Shadows on the hills,
    Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
    Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
    In colors on the snowy linen land.
    Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
    Swirling clouds in violet haze,
    Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
    Colors changing hue, morning field of amber grain,
    Weathered faces lined in pain,
    Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.

I type her SLE btw.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    Something is wrong here.

Well I guess i should clarify...

Her presentation on stage (the "show"--the dancing, choreography, the whole production) sort of outdoes her voice, so much so that people forgive the vocal weaknesses..

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a joke referring to her songs. "Why doesn't the boy look at me? he only wants cheerleaders. wahhh you left me and broke my heart. everthing is your fault why do I deserve this QQ."

Oh yeah you do have a point there; it's not a joke, it's true! Her songs are all about that..

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah you do have a point there; it's not a joke, it's true! Her songs are all about that..
    It's what sells, though. I was asked once who I thought was the more original artist to come out of Nashville in the past few years: Ke$ha or Taylor Swift, and I had to pick the former because at least her lyrics are original and not cliche'd. I mean, have you actually looked at the lyrics of Tik Tok? I couldn't have come up with that shit. However, "He was on the football team and only paid attention to cheerleaders" is the theme of every teen drama ever.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's what sells, though. I was asked once who I thought was the more original artist to come out of Nashville in the past few years: Ke$ha or Taylor Swift, and I had to pick the former because at least her lyrics are original and not cliche'd. I mean, have you actually looked at the lyrics of Tik Tok? I couldn't have come up with that shit. However, "He was on the football team and only paid attention to cheerleaders" is the theme of every teen drama ever.

Yeah i thought those lyrics were inane. ("I wear T-shirts, you wear short skirts" really?) The tune was catchy though...

Kesha isn't bad, imo.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an mbti ENFJ E2 (I don't know her sociotype) I dated in the past, listened to taylor swift a lot.

She posted the song on her facebook wall, where taylor swift is complaining that the boy doesn't even see her. I feel like it was aimed at me at the time. Taylor Swift - You belong with me.

I also feel as if IEI's communicate their interest via riddles. lol.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    an mbti ENFJ E2 (I don't know her sociotype) I dated in the past, listened to taylor swift a lot.

She posted the song on her facebook wall, where taylor swift is complaining that the boy doesn't even see her. I feel like it was aimed at me at the time. Taylor Swift - You belong with me.

I also feel as if IEI's communicate their interest via riddles. lol.
    Just curious, what did you do in response?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Just curious, what did you do in response?
    LOL! you do talk in riddles don't you!

Hmm, well it got me thinking about her. She also posted the results to some random test that said guys simply fall in love with the sound of her voice. It got me thinking about her, and I posted a video that was on my mind. Since she was from china, I was thinking about china, and I put a funny chinese commercial on my wall. It was a form of pandering. This is before I knew how to talk to women (its debatable if I still know how).

Recently another IEI that I'm talking to posted some really somber and sad song of which the lyrics said, "we should just be friends" then posted a bunch of articles that said "studies show that men actually want relationships, not sex." Then she posted ANOTHER article shortly after that that had a meme of someone slapping good sense into her.

So after reading about that, and the time postings on her wall, I had this idea that she was feeling some fear of abandonment because she's an E4, either toward me or someone else. So after doing all this fucking sherlock holmes shit I spoke to her about certain things and sorta indirectly said "don't let fear prevent you from entering a relationship." At this point we've admitted our feelings toward one another and are trying to find a practical way to meet one another.

edit: actually Im doing all the practical work while she plays damsel in distress.
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 11-28-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She wrote that song for The Hunger Games. She's also not giving any sort of advice in the song.

One thing that's really prominent in all of her songs is her ability to paint a vivid picture for the listener. She's always saying exactly what is happening, and that is what Se types do. She uses sharp, descriptive words to really bring you in the moment whereas an Ni type would be more abstract. Se language is literal, physical actions (punch, slam, crumble, shove, things like that) as well as things like murder, revenge, or more positive things like conquering/winning (have you ever noticed how often she mentions winning/losing?). Sentence off the top of my head: "The man was standing beneath a streetlight with his fist clenched and raised in the air." Ni focuses more on past/future, consequences, time, flow, destiny, inevitability, stuff like that.

And it isn't Si language, which is still very descriptive but in a different way. With Si types, it's like they are describing their physical sensations, using words like sticky, dirty, smooth, etc.
    This is Si language:

Starry, starry night.
    Shadows on the hills,

I type her SLE btw.
    She might be an Se ego, but the style of songwriting you refer to, based in concrete images unfolding in the moment, is de rigueur in Nashville. Anyone aiming to write successfully there, to my understanding, needs to learn to write that way.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Si language:

Starry, starry night.
    Shadows on the hills,

I type her SLE btw.
    unrelated to taylor swift (i agree with sle), but what would type Daughter? I can't tell if she's Se or Si (I'm leaning towards Si)...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    LOL! you do talk in riddles don't you!

Sometimes! D:
    Just because I'm so goddamn passive. /cries
    Now I hate myself. Lol

Hmm, well it got me thinking about her. She also posted the results to some random test that said guys simply fall in love with the sound of her voice. It got me thinking about her, and I posted a video that was on my mind. Since she was from china, I was thinking about china, and I put a funny chinese commercial on my wall. It was a form of pandering. This is before I knew how to talk to women (its debatable if I still know how).

Recently another IEI that I'm talking to posted some really somber and sad song of which the lyrics said, "we should just be friends" then posted a bunch of articles that said "studies show that men actually want relationships, not sex." Then she posted ANOTHER article shortly after that that had a meme of someone slapping good sense into her.

So after reading about that, and the time postings on her wall, I had this idea that she was feeling some fear of abandonment because she's an E4, either toward me or someone else. So after doing all this fucking sherlock holmes shit I spoke to her about certain things and sorta indirectly said "don't let fear prevent you from entering a relationship." At this point we've admitted our feelings toward one another and are trying to find a practical way to meet one another.

edit: actually Im doing all the practical work while she plays damsel in distress.
    Lol yeah, I think both of those women were dropping hints saying "make a move!".. Maybe even as a test to see if you would or not.

I do things like that... Constant hot and cold games. It's not even conscious, I don't even realize that I am playing victim-y mind games until I reflect afterwards. Might get annoying to some people, but aggressors like it, and that's all that matters to me lol. My SLI ex-boyfriend hated it and would get insecure and crap, which would make me resent him and tell him to be a man instead of a whiny baby. Lmao...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COMFINED View Post
    She might be an Se ego, but the style of songwriting you refer to, based in concrete images unfolding in the moment, is de rigueur in Nashville. Anyone aiming to write successfully there, to my understanding, needs to learn to write that way.
    Except:
    1) Pink writes in a similar manner to Taylor swift. I know others type her as SLE, not sure if it's consensus but it certainly should be, pink is like a benchmark Se-SLE. The other SLE musician I have down is Garth brooks but the same could be said for him, so I'll move on to my next point.
    2) there are other country singers that don't do what I said. Shania twain, George strait, brad paisley,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get an IEI feel from hearing her talk and interact with people. She seems extraverted in front of the crowd, but only because she has to be; she acts like IEIs I know. I don't think the possible presence of Se in her songs contradicts the idea that she might be personally IEI; in fact, it might even reinforce that interpretation. Often, creative artists project ideals that may go beyond the ego block, whereas in other fields one might expect more focus on the ego block.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taylor Swift

I’m inclined to agree with the EIE typing of her.

“ . . . . Turn the lock and put my headphones on/He always said he didn't get this song/But I do . . . . Walked in expecting you would be late/But you got here early and you stand and wave/I walk to you . . . . And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid/I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did . . . . We tell stories and you don't know why I'm coming off a little shy/But I do . . . . And we walked down the block to my car and I almost brought him up/But you start to talk about the movies that your family watches every single Christmas/And I want to talk about that/And for the first time what's past is past . . . .”

“ . . . . In dreams, I meet you in warm conversation / We both wake in lonely beds and different cities / And time is taking its sweet time erasing you / And you've got your demons, and darling they all look like me / 'Cause we had a beautiful magic love there / What a sad beautiful tragic love affair / Distance, timing, break down, fighting / Silence / The train runs off its tracks / Kiss me, try to fix it / Could you just try to listen? / Hang up, give up, for the life of us we can't get back / A beautiful magic love there . . . . What a sad beautiful tragic love affair”

“You, with your words like knives /And swords and weapons that you use against me/You, have knocked me off my feet again/Got me feeling like a nothing/You, with your voice like nails /On a chalk board, calling me out when I'm wounded/You, picking on the weaker man . . . . You, with your switching sides/And your wildfire lies and your humiliation / You have pointed out my flaws again / As if I don't already see them / I walk with my head down/Try to block you out 'cause I never impress you/I just want to feel okay again / I bet you got pushed around / Somebody made you cold, but the cycle ends right now / 'Cause you can't lead me down that road . . . .”

‘I remember when we broke up the first time/Saying, "This is it, I've had enough," 'cause like/We hadn't seen each other in a month/When you said you needed space. (What?)/Then you come around again and say/ “Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me."/Remember how that lasted for a day?/I say, "I hate you," we break up, you call me, "I love you."/Ooh, we called it off again last night/But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you/We are never ever ever getting back together . . . . You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me/But we are never ever ever ever getting back together . . . I'm really gonna miss you picking fights/And me falling for it screaming that I'm right/And you would hide away and find your peace of mind/With some indie record that's much cooler than mine . . . . I used to think that we were forever ever/And I used to say, "Never say never..."'

- Robert Christgau:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/get_a...e=Taylor+Swift

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...og.aspx?page=5

The ingenue

Red [Big Machine, 2012]
    So if Stephin Merritt can make a big deal out of 69 love songs, why can't Taylor Swift make a fairly big deal out of 16? His being formally savvy in his pop-polymath way and hers being formally voracious in her pop-bestseller way? Need either deal be autobiographical? One hopes not in both cases, although verisimilitude has its formal aspects for bestsellers. Swift hits the mark less often than Merritt--65 or 70 percent, I'd say. But one could argue that the verisimilitude requirement forces her to aim higher. I like the feisty ones, as I generally do. But "Begin Again" and especially "Stay Stay Stay" stay happy and hit just as hard. That's hard. A-

Speak Now [Big Machine, 2010]
    The 14 songs last upwards of 67 minutes, some 4:45 apiece; they're overlong and overworked. And I believe what I read about their origins in the romantic and other feelings of America's Ingenue for identifiable major and minor celebrities, which may thrill her fanbase but means approximately nothing to me. Even in their overwork, however, they evince an effort that bears a remarkable resemblance to care--that is, to caring in the best, broadest, and most emotional sense. I even like the one about Kanye West--including when I remember that it's about Kanye West, which usually I don't. A-

- from Taylor Swift’s Red CD booklet: There’s an old poem by Neruda that I’ve always

been captivated by, and one of the lines in it has stuck with me ever since the first time I read it.

It says “love is so short, forgetting is so long.” It’s a line I’ve related to in my saddest moments,

when I needed to know someone else had felt that exact same way. And when we’re trying to

move on, the moments we always go back to aren’t the mundane ones. They are the moments

you saw sparks that weren’t really there, felt stars aligning without having any proof, saw your

future before it happened, and then saw it slip away without any warning. These are moments of

newfound hope, extreme joy, intense passion, wishful thinking, and in some cases, the

unthinkable letdown. And in my mind, every one of these memories looks the same to me. I see

all of these moments in bright, burning, red.

My experiences in love have taught me difficult lessons, especially my experiences of crazy

love. The red relationships. The ones that went from zero to a hundred miles per hour and then

hit a wall and exploded. And it was awful. And ridiculous. And desperate. And thrilling. And

when the dust settled, it was something I’d never take back. Because there is something to be

said for being young and needing someone so badly, you jump in head first without looking. And

there’s something to be learned from waiting all day for a train that’s never coming. And there’s

something to be proud of about moving on and realizing that real love shines golden like

starlight, and doesn’t fade or spontaneously combust. Maybe I’ll write a whole album about that

kind of love if I ever find it. But this album is about the other kinds of love that I’ve recently

fallen in and out of. Love that was treacherous, sad, beautiful, and tragic. But most of all, this

record is about love that was red.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/al...s/red-20121018

By Jon Dolan

October 23, 2012

'Like Kanye West, Taylor Swift is a turbine of artistic ambition and superstar drama. So it's no surprise

she manages to make her fourth album both her Joni Mitchell-influenced maturity binge and her Max

Martin-abetted pop move – and have it seem not just inevitable but natural.

Red is a 16-song geyser of willful eclecticism that's only tangentially related to Nashville (much like Swift herself at this point). The album pinballs from the U2-tinged liftoff of "State of Grace" to the dubstep-y teen pop of "I Knew You Were Trouble" to "The Last Time," a sad piano duet with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol. Swift's bedrock is driving, diaristic post-country rock – see the breakup flashback "All Too Well," where she drops the great image of "dancing around the kitchen in the refrigerator light" with her ex.

Part of the fun is watching Swift find her pony-footing on Great Songwriter Mountain. She often succeeds in joining the Joni/Carole King tradition of stark-relief emotional mapping: "Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall," she sings on the simile-monsoon title track, where banjos and vocoders make out like third cousins. But whether she's real-talking Jake Gyllenhaal ("We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together") or fantasizing about crashing "a yacht-club party" that sounds uncannily like the Kennedy bash she attended with her current future-ex-boyfriend Conor ("Starlight"), her self-discovery project is one of the best stories in pop. When she's really on, her songs are like tattoos.'

Last edited by HERO; 01-20-2014 at 11:48 PM.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to see her live because my sister has a spare ticket and her friends are busy. Help me.

She's beta NF, either INFp forced to be friendly and always on, or ENFj with the dreaminess played up. She (or someone behind her) knows how to work the media machine.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on her being IEI, forgot the ILE vote guys it´s just these merry intuitive leads

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Beta NF, 3w4 so/sp

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni, probably E 3 so/sp (guess that would explain why I want to punch her in the face)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hilarious.

You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As she's matured she has been in the press for doing really nice things for fans, kind of on an emotional / relational / social level. And it seems like she wasn't trying to get attention bc apparently she makes these hospital visits to sick kids and stuff often and in "secret." It seems rooted in her convictions.

She does seem to get on a soapbox, and she rubs a lot of people wrong.

Her physical framework, movements, statements are linear, meaning rational. She doesn't seem Fe-polr. She doesn't seem T ego.

The EIE idea, which I've seen before, works ok.

I've gotten a bit weary over the years of the notion that EIEs are these in-your-face ppl who mug and clown nonstop and deliver heartwarming messages to ppl all the time. Every single one I've known exerted a lot of control over their energy. "Merry" and Fe ego do not equate with obnoxious YouTube sensation or whatever.

Positive EIE messages are often undercut with a sense of cynicism or something, and I've even known one who is a self-help guru but literally talks about putting positive or sparkling ideas "in brackets" as things that could possibly be true. There is typically no straightforward boosting and cheerleading like we saw in that Ariana Grande thread.
    Last edited by golden; 10-25-2014 at 03:57 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand anything about her. She just bothers me so much. I'm definitely biased but I do think she is some sort of Fe dom and likely ESE>EIE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    ,I've gotten a bit weary over the years of the notion that EIEs are these in-your-face ppl who mug and clown nonstop and deliver heartwarming messages to ppl all the time. Every single one I've known exerted a lot of control over their energy. "Merry" and Fe ego do not equate with obnoxious YouTube sensation or whatever.
    I agree with you, I don't think EIE's are usually in your face clowns at all - some can be dramatic, but not really in a goofy all-over-the-place way (that's usually more irrationality - EP temperament), but more as in a drama actor kinda way, if it makes sense. I think EIE's are usually quite composed, refined and elegant with precise use of Fe.

I think Taylor is EIE over ESE, but am not completely sure. But I also find her extremely boring and don't understand why she's famous, so not a fan of this particular supposed EIE

Oh, but I also think Ariana Grande is totally an EIE - just a very obnoxious one.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    ... I also find her extremely boring and don't understand why she's famous
    She was fortunate enough to start young and probably got some support as a developing artist, without having been a child star, which is unusual.

She writes effective pop songs, not easy to do. She's pretty depending on your tastes.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    She was fortunate enough to start young and probably got some support as a developing artist, without having been a child star, which is unusual.

She writes effective pop songs, not easy to do. She's pretty depending on your tastes.
    Yeah, I know that's why she's technically famous But it's a mystery to me why is she this huge, when there are so many more talented and charismatic artists out there. Neither her personality nor her music is my cup of tea, but I respect her business skills

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast