Thread: So, How to date a dual and do I have one or is duality a myth?

Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Scarlett Hmm activity partner has never really appealed to me but then I haven’t had much dating experience on the whole, coz of mental health issues. I think maybe I get a bit put off SEEs and LSIs because my brothers are those types. As an adult in my 30s I am definitely not interested in LSIs, for the moment anyway. The only two activity couples I know are gay couples. One of them doesn’t plan to have kids (I think maybe one person wanted them but one didn’t). I don’t know about the other couple but it seems like one of the guys might be more the settling down type than the other. Also, I often find LSIs too angry/intense or just sense we are too different. I think it might be hard to find one who I could see myself with.

I don’t generally find supervision with ESEs cold, but I do with LIEs sometimes. Hmm I get paranoid writing about my parents in case they read it one day. But yeah they argue and I think like many people on here who see their parents experiencing conflict, they get put off the ITR that they have. So for me, supervision is a massive no go. Sometimes I have nice, friendly casual interactions with LIEs at work but it’s more difficult when I work with them a lot or if we don’t particularly hit it off. I have met a female LIE I did get on pretty well with..it can be a good ITR for learning and discussion?

Ah your parents are lookalikes! That’s nice to hear they are romantic I have a nice SEI friend who I think I may be going on a date with. I probably want to go on a few more dates with other people but this guy does seem nice…I haven’t had a serious relationship before and sometimes I wonder if even a dual really is the right choice, if that’s going to be my only relationship ever? And there is a romantic part of me that wants to meet someone who is ‘my type’, someone British, (for familiarity), someone ‘cool’, someone ‘hot’, because I never got to have this before haha. Yeah a dual might come along..but they might not be the bestest dual.. Like, I knew a dual at uni who was DREAMY and he did actually like me..not all SLEs I might meet and like would be as good. Maybe what I need isn't even a dual, I have missed out on a lot and perhaps it's not a dual who would fill those missing parts...perhaps a dual wouldn't provide me with the fulfilment I need after the very specific type of problems I’ve had as an adult..but then maybe I’m just talking myself into looking for romance over the healthiest option, because I’m too tempted by romance. Not that I have duals knocking at my door but one could come along lol.

Also, I really want a kid so I need to get a move on lol.

Do you want to meet someone to settle down with?
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 10-22-2021 at 05:20 PM.