Threaded View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Jeff Bezos (of Amazon)

quotes:

Your margin is my opportunity.

Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.

There are two ways to extend a business. Take inventory of what you're good at and extend out from your skills. Or determine what your customers need and work backward, even if it requires learning new skills. Kindle is an example of working backward.

When it comes to space, I see it as my job, I'm building infrastructure the hard way. I'm using my resources to put in place heavy lifting infrastructure so the next generation of people can have a dynamic, entrepreneurial explosion into space.

The thing that motivates me is a very common form of motivation. And that is, with other folks counting on me, it's so easy to be motivated.

If you're competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.

What consumerism really is, at its worst is getting people to buy things that don't actually improve their lives.

In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it.
    In the new world, that inverts.

If you only do things where you know the answer in advance, your company goes away.

If you're competitor-focused, you have to wait until there is a competitor doing something. Being customer-focused allows you to be more pioneering.

I think that, ah, I'm a very goofy sort of person in many ways.

He looks pretty crazy. Apparently he's super paranoid about getting complaints from his customers. Doesn't seem good at treating his employees well, though.
    Last edited by silke; 10-10-2020 at 02:57 AM. Reason: updated links