Thread: How long did it take you to figure out your Enneagram type?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty much immediately. That is, when I really started paying attention to it. I had glossed over it out of curiosity before, and almost always got enneagram 4 in test results. With tri-type, it took me a while because I wasn't sure on my head fix. Now that I know, it's very clear but at the time vague tritype descriptions didn't help lol. Instincts took me about a year because I automatically discounted SX first because they were supposed to 1) aggressive 2) very attractive and attract people without even trying and 3) exude sex and charm. It was some oddly romanticized version of the type that I to this day do not connect with, but the descriptions had plenty of Fe in it. And with 4's focus on authenticity, I was automatically put off by the "fakeness" if you will, of that.

Then about a year later another SX 4 I had been speaking with pointed out what had been my obvious primary instinct or "neurosis" all along.

this is very redundant, but gosh yes, this is exactly how I felt when I read those sex sex sex SX descriptions:

"deal with or describe in an idealized or unrealistic fashion; make (something) seem better or more appealing than it really is."

People do not realize how miserable or ugly this can actually be. At least what I have read on online forums. I feel more drawn to reality as it actually is/ "authentic."

It is easy for the primary instinct to backfire, turn "ugly" so to speak, because of the emphasis and value put on it to succeed.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 01-19-2021 at 06:54 AM.