Thread: SEE/ESFp and ILI/INTp Duality? (Aggressor-Victim)

Threaded View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Now, if you would have said, "SEEs have very strong feelings, feelings that are well moderated in the presence of Ni," that would have been fine. And true. But making it about gender is offensive.
    And thus we have another problem with the modern world and the West in particular coming up. People are way, way too quick to take offense to just about anything. Everyone's walking on eggshells thanks to PC bullshit that, ultimately, seeks to destroy the entirety of Western Civilization. I'm not joking, PC carried to its logical conclusion is the demand to end Western Civilization as a thing that exists. I can't think of a culture that is more tolerant and welcoming of minorities, foreigners, and out-groups than the West is. So anyone who stands with the crowd that seeks its destruction is an idiot at best and a malicious misanthrope at worst.

Stereotypes exist for reasons. I may not like it, you may not like it, but they persist because in the end there is a grain of truth in them. The grain gets grossly exaggerated to the point of it not "really" being true but it's true enough to stick. Accepting these things and moving on is how you change things for the better if you are in a maligned group and/or have negative stereotypes attached to you.

Stereotypes also exist because, ultimately, it's really, really hard to be "sensitive" to all 7 billion+ people on the planet. In fact it's impossible. Studies have shown that the number of individuals a person can reliably keep track of in any meaningful way is around 150. Humans in general can only conceive of about 150 individuals in that meaningful, nuanced, sensitive way that everyone wishes they would be conceived of as. Just one problem, your average town/city has way more than 150 people in it. Ergo, just to even function in that environment you'll need to start making blanket categorizations (i.e. stereotypes). Don't hate me or anyone else, hate evolution. It all boils down to the fact that we're all a bunch of evil tribal hairless monkeys. Once one accepts that notion the world makes much more sense. Idealism is sadly for the ignorant.

Here's a good article on the subject/problem I brought up: http://www.cracked.com/article_14990...keysphere.html
    Last edited by End; 09-25-2016 at 08:42 PM.