Hybrid View

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Your Supervisor - so certainly subjectively!
    hardly.
    maybe his mirror, supervisee, quasi-identical... etc. irrationality somewhat more likely - he has multiple posts where he describes himself as a spontaneous person, at least
    Last edited by nifl; 11-17-2022 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i didn 't read the thread, i just want to drop in and say you can determine things about a persons character based on their inclination to use typology as a tribal identification. i think the quadral values in socionics make this a hotbed for it. it's not like i've never gone there, but some people have REAL FUCKIN GUSTO about hating an imaginary projected Other that gets put to good use here

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    hardly.
    maybe his mirror, supervisee, quasi-identical... etc. irrationality somewhat more likely - he has multiple posts where he describes himself as a spontaneous person, at least
    I percieve SLI... but as you are one, being different subtypes might make you seem more different that you are. Which one are you?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I percieve SLI... but as you are one, being different subtypes might make you seem more different that you are. Which one are you?
    he's consistently focused on emotional expression, jokes and on people. the quality of and the ability of him to focus on his logical argumentation is low, as when I discussed his type with him. SLI is extremely unlikely - IEI or SEI seems most likely atm

@Tallmo
    SEI has Fe to a similar degree - all Fe types do; the perception of your relationship to the types should not be very different for SEI - a type like SLE, SLI or IEE might, however, perceive ESE significantly less favourably than SEI; the perception of Fe as ''false and two-faced'' sounds more like how a Te type with hurt feelings would express it. I perceive my mirror positively, if boring. you don't exactly give me SEI-vibes, either, btw. an example of a likely SEI in my view is @welcome - compare her bubbly style with yours.

>and can get into arguments or prolonged discussions.
    not very common with the mirror. things are understood similarly and there are the same values, so communication is easy and pleasant. relatively minor problems with rationality/irrationality is the usual extent of the problems

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo
    SEI has Fe to a similar degree - all Fe types do;
    The creative function is not the same as the base. The base-suggestive pair can create instabilities and problems in all types. Fe-Ti problems is what you can see in ESE. SEIs problems are related to Si-Ne.

the perception of your relationship to the types should not be very different for SEI - a type like SLE, SLI or IEE might, however, perceive ESE significantly less favourably than SEI; the perception of Fe as ''false and two-faced'' sounds more like how a Te type with hurt feelings would express it. I perceive my mirror positively, if boring.
    I do perceive my mirror positively too. The chemistry is obvious. I wasn't really talking about my relations to the ESE type as a whole here. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's just that in some individuals some very negative things happen. And I don't think I said that Fe as such is "false and two-faced". I said that some ESEs can be like that. I think it has to do with how well integrated the whole personality is with the functions. Fe on autopilot is unpredictable.

you don't exactly give me SEI-vibes, either, btw. an example of a likely SEI in my view is @welcome - compare her bubbly style with yours.
    No I don't give any obvious SEI vibes. At least not in this forum. Not all SEIs are "bubbly" all the time. Women perhaps more often.

>and can get into arguments or prolonged discussions.
    not very common with the mirror. things are understood similarly and there are the same values, so communication is easy and pleasant. relatively minor problems with rationality/irrationality is the usual extent of the problems
    Here are some descriptions of mirror including potential problems: https://wikisocion.github.io/content/mirror.html
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    The creative function is not the same as the base. The base-suggestive pair can create instabilities and problems in all types. Fe-Ti problems is what you can see in ESE. SEIs problems are related to Si-Ne.

I do perceive my mirror positively too. The chemistry is obvious. I wasn't really talking about my relations to the ESE type as a whole here. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's just that in some individuals some very negative things happen. And I don't think I said that Fe as such is "false and two-faced". I said that some ESEs can be like that. I think it has to do with how well integrated the whole personality is with the functions. Fe on autopilot is unpredictable.

No I don't give any obvious SEI vibes. At least not in this forum. Not all SEIs are "bubbly" all the time. Women perhaps more often.

Here are some descriptions of mirror including potential problems: https://wikisocion.github.io/content/mirror.html
    A lot of times they are just not thinking about deeper patterns, in themselves, or others. Or they see patterns.. but hope for the best anyway. I don't find all ESE reactive, usually it's the mentally unstable ones anyway. And reactive is a misnomer, it's more like, bitchy. It's just more a shock when Fe Si leads do it because they are normally trying to take care of that space, or at the bare minimum, not conflicting it.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    A lot of times they are just not thinking about deeper patterns, in themselves, or others. Or they see patterns.. but hope for the best anyway.
    Or just some obvious patterns that they don't see. There is a tendency to get into absurd discussions with ESE when they just don't get the point but will keep following their feelings. They can try to push things that are unfair, claiming that this is just common sense and they have the right attitude.

I don't find all ESE reactive, usually it's the mentally unstable ones anyway.
    Definitely. Or under stress. We are not talking about all ESEs here.

And reactive is a misnomer, it's more like, bitchy. It's just more a shock when Fe Si leads do it because they are normally trying to take care of that space, or at the bare minimum, not conflicting it.
    Can be. But sometimes it is the inferior function and then it can be unusually cold. Jung said that the Fe types (ExE) can be the coldest ones. They normally value the object, but their Ti is then the opposite: total, blunt disregard of the object.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Or just some obvious patterns that they don't see. There is a tendency to get into absurd discussions with ESE when they just don't get the point but will keep following their feelings. They can try to push things that are unfair, claiming that this is just common sense and they have the right attitude.

Definitely. Or under stress. We are not talking about all ESEs here.

Can be. But sometimes it is the inferior function and then it can be unusually cold. Jung said that the Fe types (ExE) can be the coldest ones. They normally value the object, but their Ti is then the opposite: total, blunt disregard of the object.
    Do you have some real life people examples? I'm trying to see eye to eye here with you.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A quiz for nifl!

he's consistently focused on emotional expression, jokes and on people. the quality of and the ability of him to focus on his logical argumentation is low, as when I discussed his type with him. SLI is extremely unlikely - IEI or SEI seems most likely atm
    Sailor's suggestion of Ti-lead for you seems a likely possibility, actually. SLI is quite unlikely to suggest to someone a correction of their self-typing, IMO.

I generally accept another's self-typing all the way until I see a glaring "no". For you I am not seeing a glaring no - though, I have not seen many of your posts. However, the conflict with another SLI over your same typing strongly suggests you are not both the same type. You both know you are not a match. And I have long-observed Sailor as SLI. I know my SLIs well - with Dad, brother, husband, as well as at least one woman friend, as well as other SLIs in my life over time.

Typing is a passion of mine. It is the kind of mystery-solving that I enjoy. Therefore, I designed this quiz for you! Will you please take it? I can't wait to see what you decide for these questions. Just pick which is more likely your way: "A" or "B".

1. Is your desk and/or workshop closer to:
    A) Fairly orderly
    B) Disorganized and messy

2. Which party would you enjoy more? One that has:
    A) Loud general jokes and shared laughter, with entertaining persons present
    B) Quiet smiles and people sharing interesting things about each other

3. Do you prefer time in groups that
    A) Have a strong shared-identity
    B) Are more splintered and decentralized

4. Do you prefer:
    A) Analyzing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects
    B) Analyzing alternative and could-it-be scenarios.

5. Do you enjoy subdued discussions about one person's personal experience, focusing on their own inner feelings?
    A) Not particularly
    B) Yes, I enjoy this much

6. Which job/position in your field of interest would you prefer?:
    A) An interesting area of administration
    B) Any job that has high flexibility and low accountability

7. Which way of communicating is more characteristic of you?:
    A) To dialogue
    B) To monologue

8. When someone is talking, are you more likely to:
    A) Affirm the receipt of information with yeah, mhm, etc.
    B) Listen attentively and silently to their speech, and then return with my own long speech.

9. About your decision-making:
    A) I plan ahead, and I often make early decisions, which often don't need changing
    B) I tend to wait and see, and make spontaneous decisions, which I often revisit and revise.

10. Your natural state when approaching tasks:
    A) Readiness: You work best if you are able to start mobilizing in preparation for what you must do. You tend to perform an entire task at once, and to maintain your internal 'readiness' between tasks.
    B) Relaxed: You work best if you relax beforehand, and you mobilize only for the duration necessary. You tend to divide up matters into smaller stages, during which you are mobilized, and you relax between each stage.

11. Which is way is yours?
    A) I easily go from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized', but not from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed'. External stimuli (like a movie) helps me relax.
    B) I have an easy time going from 'mobilized' to 'relaxed', but not from 'relaxed' to 'mobilized'. External stimuli helps me get mobilized.

12. Which sentence best represents your attitude towards considering options?:
    A) "I will not get stuck in the process of consideration; it always ends in a decision being made."
    B) "Consideration is very nice, that time during which you still don't have to make a decision. It's even better when it isn't necessary to do anything afterwards."

13. Which best describes your approach to a work task?:
    A) Sequentially, from the beginning to the end. I get immersed in a process and tend to single-task.
    B) Randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning. I am detached from processes and I tend to multitask.

14. When telling or creating a story, which applies best to you?:
    A) My stories tend to contain one main character.
    B) My stories tend to contain multiple characters.

15. Which statement more likely would come from you?
    A) "I have my own ideas about how things should be done, 'a mind of my own' - but so does everyone else."
    B) "I like find the 'best' or 'correct' way of doing a thing. There usually is an absolute optimum way of doing anything."

Nifl: I have to say I wrote this with a snap guess at your type and I could be wrong, so it would help me to know if you found answering these questions: Easy, Fairly Easy, or Difficult.

@BraveSailorBoy - would you take this too, please?

...A great event in the world is coming, and the whole world will know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has acted...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 11-28-2022 at 09:37 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will never accept my typing even when all the facts support it as it would mean having to confront his own mistyping of himself as SLI when he's in fact a Ti lead I'd suggest he touch grass sometimes and spend less time online on forums for obscure theories. Good for mental health.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSailorBoy View Post
    He will never accept my typing even when all the facts support it as it would mean having to confront his own mistyping of himself as SLI when he's in fact a Ti lead I'd suggest he touch grass sometimes and spend less time online on forums for obscure theories. Good for mental health.
    Ah yes, the famous delta ST patronizing. Such a turn on, for some people.

"Tell me how I'm wrong?"

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Ah yes, the famous delta ST patronizing. Such a turn on, for some people.

"Tell me how I'm wrong?"
    I do enjoy turning people on.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraveSailorBoy View Post
    Touch grass, LOL. My SLI husband likes to touch grass with his bare feet. He mows that way, and sometimes hikes.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"