I am sort of reticent in posting this, the third thread in which I question my type. But I'm left with more questions than answers at this point from the other two threads, and it's been making me go more than a little insane. I promise, this will be the last of it.

A few people have mentioned that I seem somehow "different" from other INFps they know and have suggested I might be Delta NF (most likely INFj). I kind of want to flesh this out a little in order to further exploit the delineation between Ni and Ne/Fe and Fi. What do you guys think?

Like a lot of you, I frankly don't understand these functions as well as I thought I did. I mean, how can I be sure I haven't got it all backwards in my head? That I really am Ne dominant, but I've labelled it Ni? That I'm Fi dominant, but I've labelled it Fe? Or perhaps I've mistaken Fi-values for Ni-vision?

What I interpret as Ni within myself:
This mostly is present in two areas of my life - spirituality and music, both very powerful influences on me (not necessarily exclusive from one another). I've played around with mysticism and organized religion (I've actually always been fascinated by rituals - aesceticism in Hinduism, Communion in the Catholic tradition, even to the burning of incense in Muslim mosques). Generally, I've found the philosophies that speak to me the most are those without this dogmatic baggage - the most barebones of them. Usually the kind of thing that can best be summed up in a sentence, perhaps even a word. Words themselves hinder and limit and confuse and distort. For me, that word is: balance - from the positive and negative charges in atoms to sex even to Socionics itself in the form of duality, I see the entire world as a struggle of two opposing forces to reach and maintain a state of balance.

What I percieve as Fi within myself:
I have this morbid reservoir of memories locked away in my subconscious. Every single thing that's happened to me is there - each compliment, each insult, each cut at my self-confidence. But what comes to me, to me, is the undercurrent - what are those memories collectively telling me? They paint a pretty grim picture of humanity, overall. It emerges when another painful event needs to be locked away me my mind. It contributes to me ability to empathize.