Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
There seem to be a lot of sp/sx people on this forum. Might be a dumb question but are there a lot of sp/sx people in America? It’s a huge place I know, but as a Brit I just wondered. I don’t know many sp/sx people where I live in UK, although there are of course probably many around.
Lot's of people of every mix of that here. sp/sx types like myself just tend to get more outspoken when there's no real risk to our self-preservation. The so/sx people are the real anomalies in our minds. Yeah, you can get far and accomplish many an "impossible" deed if you can manage to throw away your self-preservation instinct, but that necessarily implies that you aren't very long for this world. I can get it on some level, but as for me, I'd rather live to tell some tales rather than experience "heaven on Earth" for but a single day/week somehow as I'd Imagine so/sx people are all about. After all, why suffer greatly for but one more day of life? I would, if I saw that day as vitally important to either making my lover truly happy or ensuring that I defeated/converted a most dastardly enemy.

I wonder if this is a common perception among valuers of the self-preservation instinct...