Quote Originally Posted by Absurd
The qualities you apparently dislike in other people are the ones you ascribe to yourself, what is funneh. Anyway, could be Beta/Gamma. Not really 'sure' yet. Thanks for listing two films I get an instant death wish for myself whilst watching, though...
It's so normal, though, for someone to be exactly what he hates. The only thing that makes me unusual in that area is the fact that I'm so obvious about it. And I hope that Edward Scissorhands isn't one of the movies you're talking about, because the main character is one of the characters I most relate to, and the movie was easily one of the most cathartic things I've ever experienced.

Gamma I'm kind of mixed on, because while I can look very Fe-devaluing--emotionally inexpressive, "hard to read," indifferent--I love being around people who are openly expressive and emotionally energetic, and dislike atmospheres where that sort of thing is discouraged. And I myself can be pretty expressive, too, under the right circumstances; i.e. being in a good mood, etc.

Beta quadra people seem too awesome to be my brothers and sisters. I would want them to accept me, but I think they would consider me out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3
What's your favorite museum?
My answer to this may not be the most indicative one, because I've only been to a pair of museums. But it would be the art museum I went to with a friend of mine, about a year ago (and I will point out that, in theory, I prefer an art museum to a science museum; I'm more fulfilled by the humanities--things with emotional richness or spiritual depth--than I am by information about the workings of the world. What exists in the physical universe is very arbitrary, while what is human is of the deepest significance possible.). I took particular pleasure in the things there that spoke of aristocracy--the golden spoons, the towering wardrobes covered in carved in angels, and all of that. I wish I had been born in a place filled with such things; a golden spoon with rubies set into the handle turns the act of eating into an act of immeasurable grace (I would still wolf everything down, though. That would be good for the aesthetic contrast.).

Quote Originally Posted by Narc
LSE seems to be a distinct possibility.
Hmm. . . I have a feeling you're trying to press my buttons (will I react with outrage or will I calmly agree? Neither: I'm quietly amused), or maybe I just don't realize how LSE I've made myself look in this topic.

. . . Actually, there is not a huge lot that seems outright wrong about me in the LSE profile on Wikisocion. But none of it rings much of a bell, either. I feel like I'm reading a typical horoscope entry; who wouldn't agree with half of these descriptors? Some of it really does seem decidedly wrong, though:

As their innate understanding of personality is not very fine-tuned, they judge others' character more by their objective deeds than by their attitudes and motives, which can be hard for the LSE to discern.

LSEs are often unable to control their emotions. When they are in a bad mood they can be very direct, sometimes even to the point of being verbally abrasive to loved ones and complete strangers.

Many LSEs are conneisseurs of good food, good clothes, household products, and hygienic products.

The comfort and convenience of things and living space is very important to LSEs. Living spaces need to be conducive to rest, work, or recreation. LSEs take it into their own hands to reorganize or redesign living spaces to make them more comfortable and convenient.

LSEs try not to let themselves get carried away with any feelings.

LSEs generally avoid talking about things that might or might not happen that don't depend on them, though they may think about these things to themselves. Discussions about what might or might not happen that are not based on provable facts distress them.

LSEs approach relationships on their own terms, typically taking on the initiative to get to know the other person. LSEs' approach to dating typically follows traditional gender roles, as they feel uncertain when being too creative in initiating relationships.

LSEs are typically unsure of their personal feelings about people and relationships, as well as unsure of their right to harbor personal sentiments in the first place. They need someone they can trust to recognize and substantiate their feelings from a psychological or spiritual standpoint. This helps them learn over time to recognize and trust their feelings more.
Actually, now that I have this list in front of me, I've changed my mind: there really are a lot of problems here.