Thread: David Foster Wallace

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    He does fine job pretending ILE. Anyway, he is interested in logical purity which sounds very rational. It is like very suggestive drive as he is not creating anything new with his air tight logic. Also trying to understand infinity drove him nuts which does not sound very good Ti or irrationality [it leans on uncontrolled view as you let go].

Amazing, but that whole interview is ILE to the core. He's as much pretending to be ILE as you might be pretending to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Also trying to understand infinity drove him nuts which does not sound very good Ti or irrationality [it leans on uncontrolled view as you let go].
    That's irrationality in a nutshell. With leading Ne and being a Ne-sub, of course he sees infinite options that seem to drive him crazy.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Amazing, but that whole interview is ILE to the core. He's as much pretending to be ILE as you might be pretending to be one.

That's irrationality in a nutshell. With leading Ne and being a Ne-sub, of course he sees infinite options that seem to drive him crazy.
    EIE have 4 dimensional Ne. I would like to hear a good argument why he's an ILE outside of enneagramm typings. many of the things he talked about are pure beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    EIE have 4 dimensional Ne. I would like to hear a good argument why he's an ILE outside of enneagramm typings. many of the things he talked about are pure beta.
    And? EIE is still not ILE no matter the demonstrative.

I'd like to hear a good argument for how he's a "pure beta". All ears here to hear your case.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And? EIE is still not ILE no matter the demonstrative.

I'd like to hear a good argument for how he's a "pure beta". All ears here to hear your case.
    I will make a posting in a few days since I'm travelling over the weekend, but you can see many of the points in the interview I posted from 2003. you seem to be very sure of your opinion without providing any evidence tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How come becoming obsessed with control is irrationality????!?!?!?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org