friend of mine. this is going to be terribly disjointed/unorganized, but bear with me. these are things i notice!

he's into lots of interesting music, can keep music going all day long while he's at home/go to sleep with music playing. he used to be into deejaying/producing when we were in highschool.

sort of a partier, but he doesn't really go out to clubs (by this i mean, he smokes a lot of pot. at home. generally, he has little get-togethers at his house and people drop in whenever.)

he's kind of quiet in public, generally. in small groups he can get pretty talkative. i think he's got a pretty good sense of humor.

his room is pretty darned neat, really. everything seems to have a pretty well-defined place and i've rarely seen it that messy (cluttered, maybe.) he tends to like to move things around a bit (computer will be here one week, there another week.) lots of movie posters, stuff he's had since i've known him. generally it seems like everything he owns stays new in a sort of way. like his car looks pretty much exactly like it did when he was in highschool.

he's really into studying things like philosophy, eastern religions, mysticism, etc. for a while he got kind of obsessed with learning about the freemasons. he thinks numerology/astrology/etc = crap, though, so i suppose you could say he's got some limits. he's studying to be a psychologist. he's got a rather large bookshelf.

he can get pissy if you just flat-out say, "no, i don't feel like doing whatever it is you want to do." usually on occasions like this he just slams the door in a fake-mad kind of way. it's semi-dramatic, but not anything that freaks me out.

he'll also do things like warn/drop hints two weeks in advance of his birthday.

i've noticed that he's wary about stopping in the parts of town that he deems "cracky." like i'll say, "let's stop at this gas station." and he'll respond with something like, "no way! that looks like crack central!" like he thinks we're going to get mugged. places that look safe/neutral to me definitely are not safe/neutral for him.

he doesn't get people like howard stern and how girls can go for that sort of guy (what with the "show me your boobs!" spiel.) he'll quote people like chris rock ("chivalry is dead! women killed it!") kind of conservative, in that sense.

any ideas?