However, free will is more like a catalyst that would determine what your natural processes would do next.
No it is not. Free will in that sense doesn't exist, because it is just as much a part of those natural processes than any other part of those processes. And it is definitely not the catalyst, even though most people are inclined to think that way.

Imagine you standing on the center of an circular road, which contains numerous possibilities for roads travelling in different directions. The process of road selection should be labelled as free will, since it is ultimately up to you.
Yes, it is up to me. But when you define "free will" in this sense, it is just a natural phenomenon, one of the links in a long chain of natural causes that we find it convenient to label "free will". It is no more "free" than any other part of that chain of causes. It would be more accurate to say that my "free will" is what makes me to what I am. Whenever I become aware of which choice I want to make, the "choice" has already been "made" about half a second earlier, and at that time (when the die is cast and there is no turning back) I didn't know which choice I was going to make. But which choice it was going to be was already determined.

However, the actions that are performed while travelling that road is not free will, since they are natural responses to the environment.
And your "free will" is also (and just as much) a natural response to the environment.