"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socioniko.net intertype relationship groupings

What is behind this grouping of relationships in 2 dimensions?

Balance, acceleration, monotony etc? Where do they come from?

So conflict is hospitality + slowdown. Ok, but why?

Anybody knows?

Original page: http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/index.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I'm guessing because of conflict starting well, many times, and becoming worse the more interaction happens. So these relations are characterized, in some way, as being hospitable (being based on giving deference to the other? Accommodation?) but that it is also characterized, in this way, by break down, starting good/okay and becoming progressively worse.
    I think there is some technical explanation directly related to model A, like how the functions interact in the couple, but I haven't figured it out yet.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The upper categorization are the clubs (left to right; SF, ST, NT, NF etc) and the left categorization is based off IP/EJ/EP/IJ.

As for why they put the names there, the author has just extended temperaments to mean weird things, like EJ = acceleration, IJ= deceleration. It's kind of weird, tbh, but makes vague sense because IJs tend to be more methodical and stuff, but I would be cautious over interpreting it...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    The upper categorization are the clubs (left to right; SF, ST, NT, NF etc) and the left categorization is based off IP/EJ/EP/IJ.

As for why they put the names there, the author has just extended temperaments to mean weird things, like EJ = acceleration, IJ= deceleration. It's kind of weird, tbh, but makes vague sense because IJs tend to be more methodical and stuff, but I would be cautious over interpreting it...
    Yeah it's more like a general understanding of how types interact. Should be useful for newcomers to inter-type relationships.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post

Ok thanks. This chart is an example of the relations of ENTP to other types, so I am not sure if EJ=acceleration in other cases, they are referring to some relations between functions I think:
    (Seems to me now that X_ _J + X_ _P = acceleration, but not sure why)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chart might be seen as breaking down compatibility between each four-letter type in end-components (temperament) and central parts (club):

rows represent an idealization based on which temperament is either your dual, activity, mirror, identical: for EP then IP is balance (dual), EJ is acceleration (activity), EP is monotony (identical), IJ is disorientation (mirror, although maybe the word was mistranslated from russian). For an IP they would be switched pairwise on the J/P axis, so EP would be balance, EJ would be disorientation, etc.

columns represent an idealization based on complementary or substitute clubs: identical club is discussion (similar strenghts), dual club is hospitality, club with shared T/F axis but opposed S/N is co-working (I suppose because you don't cross each other areas of experties, but that can be doubtful) while club with shared S/N is intervention (I guess because you actively try to correct other ppl).

temperament is seen as determining the energy levels of the pair, which is something shared by the traditional understanding of socionics. club is seen as determining i guess the...emotional pattern of interaction?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    the chart might be seen as breaking down compatibility between each four-letter type in end-components (temperament) and central parts (club):

rows represent an idealization based on which temperament is either your dual, activity, mirror, identical: for EP then IP is balance (dual), EJ is acceleration (activity), EP is monotony (identical), IJ is disorientation (mirror, although maybe the word was mistranslated from russian). For an IP they would be switched pairwise on the J/P axis, so EP would be balance, EJ would be disorientation, etc.

columns represent an idealization based on complementary or substitute clubs: identical club is discussion (similar strenghts), dual club is hospitality, club with shared T/F axis but opposed S/N is co-working (I suppose because you don't cross each other areas of experties, but that can be doubtful) while club with shared S/N is intervention (I guess because you actively try to correct other ppl).

temperament is seen as determining the energy levels of the pair, which is something shared by the traditional understanding of socionics. club is seen as determining i guess the...emotional pattern of interaction?
    Thanks. Makes sense. I'm sitting right now and trying to break it down in more details. Seems like:

"balance":
    My base function is found in the partner in 1:st position in block on the vital side.

=dual, semi-dual, contrary, illusionary

"acceleration":
    My base is found in the partner in 2:nd position in block on the vital side.

=activation, transmitter, quasi, reciever

"monotony":
    My base is found in the parter in 1:st position in block on the mental side.

Super-ego, business, identity, kindred

"slowdown":
    My base is found in partner in 2:nd position in block on mental side.

So looking at the base function:
    balance/monotony = correspondence between 1:st and 1:st position in block
    acceleration/slowdown = correspondence between 1:st & 2:nd position in block

I guess they were thinking of something like that?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    What is behind this grouping of relationships in 2 dimensions?

Anybody knows?
    Yes I know.

This is the same chart I once found on the page of machintruc.

The 2 groupings are clubs and temperaments.