I was taught chess a long time ago, when I was 13 by a particular nerdy boy whom I became friends with. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s ILI, as he did believe that I’m smart. I’ve watched the nerd club play chess throughout middle school and high school (my nerd graduated as valedictorian and he also got 1600 on SAT and 36 on ACT) but aside from my slight interest in the theoretical parts of chess and seeing how it manifests in game mode, I don’t want to play. I can grasp how others play, but it’s one sort of thing that I’m not interested in participating.

Being an ethical doesn’t make one allergic to logical thinking or anything like that but it definitively gives insight to their motivations and interests. I like things that are in the realm of the logical such as I’ve always been obsessed with solving logical puzzles but those are easy for me and get really dry if it’s just straight up barebones puzzles (like math, sudoku, etc.), so my preference is problem solving esp. murder mysteries. Problem solving is rather a Te thing, which is what I get excited about and it turns out, solving tangible mysteries is a Te thing. Unsolved mysteries, cold cases really fascinate and I’ll spend more time reading about that. I need the human element to add a little something to making it more thrilling.