not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Love Languages

Okay, expounding on my earlier post... You'll notice that I took each function (T, F, N and S) and tried to determine which orientation (e or i) fit best with each Love Language. I may very well be wrong in this, however...but it only seemed fair to give each function an equal representation...

Words of Affirmation-- Fe valuing, Ni valuing, Se valuing, Ti valuing
    So, it looks like we're all in agreement so far that Fe valuing definitely fits here. I suggested Ni valuing, mostly because my ILI has mentioned before how much words of affirmation mean to him. Se valuing, I guess I thought that might fit here better than Si, but maybe it's just not that important to S's either way. Ti seemed to fit here, since Ti is about saying the right things, or saying them in the right way.

Quality Time-- Fi valuing, Ne valuing, Te valuing, Si valuing
    Well, Abbie agreed with the Fi, so if anyone has an issue with that I'll let her explain it Ne...I could be wrong; actually, I was very split initially between Ne and Ni; maybe neither one fits that well. I said Te because...well, an efficient use of time (i.e. quality time) is important to Te users, is it not? And Si...idk

Physical Touch-- Se valuing, Fi valuing, Te valuing, Ni valuing
    Se/Si was a toss-up here, too; but like WA pointed out, that's probably because both Se and Si fit here, for different reasons. Fi fits, because of Fi's desire to connect with people, and physical touch is a quick and easy way to do that, though obviously only in an immediate sense, not necessarily long-term. Te...okay, idk, but it fit better than Ti...maybe... Ni, again, because physical touch seems to be my ILI's #1 way of expressing affection (maybe Si Role taking over?).

Gifts-- Ne valuing, Ti valuing, Fe valuing, Si valuing
    Ne...I said this, because I love giving gifts; though, not so much in the traditional sense, such as for birthdays and such, but more in a random fashion; like, I'll see something and think "that would be a perfect gift for so-and-so!" and so then I'll buy it, and just give it right then and there rather than wait for a "special occasion," and I love surprising people like that. Ti...again, I think it goes along with my rationale for assigning Ti to Words of Affirmation, in that gift-giving is another way to clearly express to someone how much you care for them by giving them the "perfect gift." Fe...why Fe? idk, it just seems like and Fe thing to do... Si I can't really back up at all, so I could be wrong; Abbie, why do you say Se?

Acts of Service-- Ne valuing, Ti valuing, Fe valuing, Si valuing
    Ne...this just seems so Ne, though I can't easily explain all the rationale; Ne-base types especially like to be very open and flexible, which I think allows them (us) to often be the first to jump into a situation where service is needed. Ti...Actually, I think Abbie's probably right that it should be Te more than Ti. Fe...especially group service, I think, would be appealing to Fe valuers; though I suppose it could be equally important to Fi valuers. Si fits here, especially when the service rendered helps to accomplish some physical goal, to make the enviroment more pleasant, or to help the receiver feel more comfortable.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 11-03-2010 at 06:33 AM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you