Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
I did Tae Kwon Do for many years. It's not like I'm not comfortable with "strength and aggression", they're just not parts of my personality.
Well, it was worth a shot. That was something that helped me, anyway, but I suppose our problems are too different.

Several years ago, I had a dream where I was drinking coffee with Death. Then he turned into a person-sized, black whirlwind, and I was flying through space in the TARDIS (my dream-camera was outside, watching the TARDIS rapidly spinning along) and I found I couldn't breathe. Naturally asphyxiation tends to disrupt sleep, so I woke up to find myself smothering myself with my doona. Any takers on what happened there?
By "Death" I assume you mean the classic character with the black robes and the scythe? It's hard to say what that would represent -- it depends on what you associate with it. Are you primarily thinking of Discworld's rather comic "Death", or the traditional silent and scary Death? What were you feeling -- were you happy to be having coffee with Death, like he was a cool celebrity? Or was it terrifying?

Likewise, the TARDIS seems like a fairly personal symbol. What sorts of things do you associate with the TARDIS? Do you associate positive or negative emotions with it? What does it represent to you?

Dream analysis is secretly one of my favourite hobbies.

Why do I often dream that I'm a camera? Why am I almost never myself in any dreams?
I'd guess it has something to do with not really knowing "who you are"; having an uncertain sense of self-identity. I'd imagine that would also be related to your infamously frequent self-typing changes.

I had a dream once, in which there were these long rectangular boxes, one story high by twenty yards deep and a hundred yards long or so, constructed of concrete with one wall and part of the ceiling being plexiglass windows. There were four or five of these boxes, one hovering a few yards above the other, all stacked up and hovering out over the blue ocean against a blue sky. Inside the boxes were seats like in a stadium, looking out the window at the ocean, like at some sporting event. At first people were sitting in the seats, waiting for whatever it was we were waiting for, but then terrorists took them over and were holding everyone hostage. Also, Spider-Man was there for some reason.

After I woke up, upon careful examination, I discovered that these rectangular boxes stacked one atop the other filled with people on a blue background actually represented these forums, which I had only recently joined at the time.