Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
Is this an Fe PoLR hit?

Person A: You need to be more conscious of your body language when talking to other people. Even if you're not interested in what the person has to say, you have to act like you are, it is only polite.

Person B: But I don't care for what that person has to say. I asked a question, and she wasn't answering my question, and was being irrelevant. I don't intend to act interested when I'm not.

Person A: But you have to. You're not very good at dealing with people at all. That's something you have to be better at. It is essential.
When I read this it felt like the person who told you that had a reason to say this to you, but it wasn't something that would be brought up just from them seeing the conversation. Then I read the quote you wrote below and it made much more sense. They only mentioned it because the other person got mad that you seemed not to care about what they were saying. This person being their best friend was the one who they bitched about this to, which in turn... was brought back your way in that conversation. Remember, as the person's so called "best friend" they'd side with them and let you know about pissing their friend off and how...

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
Great. That happened to me today. Me as person B.

It totally irritated me that him & his best friend felt that I need to be better at showing "better body language"
And he told me that I gave her an impression that I was not interested in what she had to teach me, that was the reason why she did not tell me many things. Seriously, I ask her a question, and she started talking about something totally irrelevant to my question, repeating it again and again. Even when I tried to divert it back to what I was trying to find out, she went on about her point thinking she was already answering my question which totally frustrated me.
And all I did was look away occasionally, not like I wasn't listening. And she told him that I was being rude to her and that I don't care enough or some bullshit. URGH!

And they tell me I'm not good at handling people. Like wtf?! Who freaking cares?
The best thing you could have done was say just that, "well, she wasn't saying anything I needed to know and speaking about things totally irrelevant that I didn't need to know." It seems as though the person that was teaching you or whatever really must have noticed that you didn't want to listen to what she was saying because she actually did bring it up to their friend to let you know it pissed them off.
I'm more of a forward person in this type of situation though, I can read body language considerably well and if this were something that I noticed when talking to someone I'd bring it up and ask instead of just getting irritated and bitching to my friend about it later. In your case I would have said, is something wrong, or am I missing something. To which I'd hope you would say, "I already know what you're telling me... this is what I need to know....."

In the end I can see where you may have come across as rude to this person but if you had your reason to then I'd voice that to your friend who brought it up to you and let them know why... I'm sure it would make it's way back to their friend.
I also see a little rudeness about the way it was brought up to you though, there should have been a little more tact used in telling you about how you were being rude to them by not seeming interested. As it seems though, they brought it to your attention because they see you and the other person as their friends and would rather not have some crappy drama because the other person thinks you don't like them, so it was something they really felt needed to be brought up.
Or maybe I don't know anything and just felt like typing a bunch of words here. Oh, and this is just my take on it... I don't care about the Fe, Fi, Se, or wtf ever else here...lol